account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Screen goes black when making a call

Message 21 of 279
Message 21 of 279

Re: Screen goes black when making a call

What about safe mode?Can you try?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 22 of 279
Message 22 of 279

I tried the safe mode thing. The screen still goes blank when calling takes place even in safe mode. Any other solution?
Message 23 of 279
Message 23 of 279

thing is I had a skin that i had applied and dirt got sort of accumulated acround the sensor.

Try cleaning the sensor area properly. If you have a case, try removing that and then doing it !

Also do a small sensor test too from settings menu

Learner
Message 24 of 279
Message 24 of 279

Is there any solution??? Safe mode didn't help? Removed all the apps which I thought might be the cause, cleant the sensor with ear bud, did soft reset with power + volume up button.
Message 25 of 279
Message 25 of 279

You may need to perform a software repair using PC Companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 26 of 279
Message 26 of 279

Not happening. Lost all the data. Wasted so much time. Now am starting to hate Sony. I was so much in love with this phone earlier until this mess happened

Edited due to foul language been used

Learner
Message 27 of 279
Message 27 of 279

PC support took almost 2 hrs
Message 28 of 279
Message 28 of 279

I am sorry,but I have told you it will erase internal data.

Visitor
Message 29 of 279
Message 29 of 279

i had this issue too

Turns out the top left of screen had started to come away from phone (badly glued?)

if i pressed the top left corner it would solve the issue (dont touch proximity sensor)

Visitor
Message 30 of 279
Message 30 of 279

Same issue here.

just got the phone back from service, due to problems with the sim cover cap. Phone was factory reset.

Now it goes black when making calls, and there is nothing I can do.

Have tried: Reset the phone, cleaned the sensor, start in safe mode, power button + volume up - all with no luck.

This was not an issue before I handed it in to service.

Really like the phone, but all the visits to my phonedealer are really becoming annoying. 

Please help