account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen goes black when making a call

Visitor
Message 11 of 299
Message 11 of 299

Re: Screen won't light up during calls Z3 Compact

my screen wont light up when making and receiving calls, so cant even discontinue call afterwards, help1

Visitor
Message 12 of 299
Message 12 of 299

NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SENSOR, CANNOT EVEN STOP CALLS WHEN IVE DIALLED THEM

Message 13 of 299
Message 13 of 299

I have moved your posts in a new topic. Check if the same occurs in safe mode:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 14 of 299
Message 14 of 299

Re: Screen goes black when making a call

cheers for that, held the power key and volume key up til it vibrated 3 times then turned phone back on, seems to have done the trick and save me a journey into town to get it sorted!

Message 15 of 299
Message 15 of 299

I can tell you this problem started after the most recent update !

I have tried doing tests of all my sensors, formatted the phone, went to the companion app and installed the update again.

Did everything and the problem still exists !

They screwed up the latest update ! thats for sure !

One time poster
Message 16 of 299
Message 16 of 299

Twisting a cotton wool bud into the sensor to the left of the top speaker worked for me. It seems to be very suseptible to dirt. Easy fix for me.

Message 17 of 299
Message 17 of 299

**bleep** **bleep** !

That worked ! cleaning using an ear bud worked !

Learner
Message 18 of 299
Message 18 of 299

I am recently facing this problem and I have no solution to this. I tried everything on the forum yet no luck. I don't have screen guard on my screen. Did soft reset too. Upper volume button + power button. No luck. Please help. Don't expect such thing from Sony atleast. This problem is surfaced since 2 days
Message 19 of 299
Message 19 of 299

@Hardiksr A 3rd party app might have messed your settings. Go to settings-apps-all,scroll down to InCallUI and tick show notifications.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 20 of 299
Message 20 of 299

Did the incallUI thing. Still doesn't work. Am Dam pissed off with this Sony thing. Atleast 1000 ppl facing same problem. Tried cleaning the sensor with ear bud too...