account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Screen goes black when making a call

Rookie
Message 91 of 279
Message 91 of 279

Re: Screen goes black when making a call

I just figured out that on my phone - which is a UK model - there is a 2 years warranty.

I took it to the service center, where they told me that it is a typical problem of Sony Xperia series and they will replace the screen and the microphone too. Use should also contact Sony and its service center to solve this problem.

One time poster
Message 92 of 279
Message 92 of 279

Go to settings so you will find an option that power button ends up call. Just keep it on and so you can end the call at anytime when the screen turns to black and it will light on.
One time poster
Message 93 of 279
Message 93 of 279

I've been puzzling over this for a while until I came across your comment. I noticed that the screen had actually come away from the phone slighly and pushing it back that half a milimeter or so solved the issue. Very poor build quality from Sony. I'm definitely not buying a Sony ever again. What was once considered quality has gone completely. Thanks for your suggestion that actually worked.

One time poster
Message 94 of 279
Message 94 of 279

Guys I'm having the same stupid problem.with Sony Xperia 3 plus..I had to replace the screen twice because it's too sensitive.. My was on the couch and fell because was vibrating.. And it was less than 2 feet high..screen broke twice.. So since I.got new screen..evertime that I want to make a call goes black..when I get whatssapp voice mail.. And I play it goes black too. annoying.. Sometimes works but for short time..so Sony try to use your Advanced head to help us..if more people knows about this issue no one will buy your phones anymore.

One time poster
Message 95 of 279
Message 95 of 279

Having same problem 

just bought phone used and it is so annoying tried everything suggested nothing seem to help

had a z2 never had any problems really...

I wonder if there is any statement by Sony themselves about problem on the net 

haven't seen anything.....

One time poster
Message 96 of 279
Message 96 of 279

$700 for a phone and now this?  I have to press a very specific area above the screen-side camera sensor to get the display to work to work while in a call. Looks like the sort of thing one could waste many hours on if they expect Sony to easily or quickly repair or replace.  Defective design! Screen must be coming loose or otherwise messing up in there.  Garbage... throw it in the trash and buy a Samsung S5.  Neither one is really water tight but this issue is a no-go zone!

One time poster
Message 97 of 279
Message 97 of 279

The screensaver was exactly the problem on the Z5. It didn't have the correct cutouts over the front cam lens or the proximity sensor... Removed the cover and all was fine again; so make sure about those cutouts when purchasing so called Sony experia compatible screen covers.
One time poster
Message 98 of 279
Message 98 of 279

Hi can you let me know exactly how to find the option that uses the power button to end calls?

Thanks

Message 99 of 279
Message 99 of 279

@mmtaan It's under settings - accesibility.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 100 of 279
Message 100 of 279

Really great advice. Thanks