account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen goes black when making a call

Visitor
Message 281 of 306
Message 281 of 306

Re: Screen goes black when making a call

I used a plastic protector on my screen

Emperor
Message 282 of 306
Message 282 of 306

@664709750 

remove it and see if you experience the same issue

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 283 of 306
Message 283 of 306

Hi

I got rid of my Sony M4 Aqua when my provider had sent it back to me twice, saying

a)     We've found the fault

b)     There IS no fault

c)      The fault has been fixed

ALL of the above was rubbish.  I even took it to the Virginshop, they had it for 2-3 hours, reset the phone to factory settings, performed all sorts of Hogwarts stuff on it, and as she handed it to me...the screen went black!!

I have now got a better provider and a much better and TRUSTWORTHY phone!!

Regards

Phil

One time poster
Message 284 of 306
Message 284 of 306

I can't find the Diagnostics in About Phone. Please assist.

Inhabitant
Message 285 of 306
Message 285 of 306

Hi

Hope these help;

The Xperia™ Diagnostics application can test a specific function or run a full diagnostic test to check if your Xperia™ device is working properly.

Xperia™ Diagnostics can:
  • Assess potential hardware or software issues on your Xperia™ device.
  • Analyse how well applications perform on your device.
  • Log the number of dropped calls during the previous ten days.
  • Identify installed software and provide useful details about your device.

To run a diagnostic test
  1. From your Home screen, tap Icn sony home apptray normal.
  2. Find and tap Settings > About phone > Diagnostics.
  3. Swipe to the TEST tab and select a test from the list.
  4. Follow the instructions and tap YES or NO to confirm if the feature works.
  5. Tap Done.

Tip

The Diagnostics application is pre-installed on most Android™ devices from Sony. If the Diagnostics option is not available under Settings > About phone or from the Tools menu in the Support application, you can download a light version using the Play Store™ application.

One time poster
Message 286 of 306
Message 286 of 306

It did the trick for me too. I should have tried it sooner, i work in construction, so loads of dust.

Visitor
Message 287 of 306
Message 287 of 306

I have a Sony Experia Z5. Do we have a solution to this black screan problem when making calls? I have runner all diagnostics, Update all updates, reset phone twice. But still if I make a call the phone goes black and nothing works!

Inhabitant
Message 288 of 306
Message 288 of 306

Hello THEBEST1

I would not touch a Sony phone ever again!  I had endless trouble with the M4 Aqua, and Sony refused to accept (and still refuse to accept) that there is/was a problem.   Get rid of the thing.

Visitor
Message 289 of 306
Message 289 of 306

Thank you, that is the easy way out lol

One time poster
Message 290 of 306
Message 290 of 306

I can confirm it is definitely not a software issue, nothing to do with apps or reset etc. 

I had this issue on a z5 premium. (phone 1) Stopped using it and I later bought another phone exactly the same (phone 2)  which did not have this problem. Unfortunately I  dropped it cracking the screen. So I took the motherboard out of phone 2 and put it in phone 1. It wasn't very long before I remembered why I dumped phone 1 because it started going black during calls again. This is why I can't conform it Is hardware related.  Now I just have to work out what part of the internal bits is causing this.