account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Screen goes black when making a call

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 271 of 304
Message 271 of 304

Re: Screen goes black when making a call

I believe it's dust. 

I had to have my battery changed, so they cleaned up the inside of the phone. 

I haven't had the issue since then.

One time poster
Message 272 of 304
Message 272 of 304

The isdue was looked as a royal pain, as I had this isdui and googled it a lot and trued many trickes but finally, I took it to a reoair shop, and he helped to fix it!

Whu this issue occurs?

Your Sony handphone got a light sendor to detect the time you put your phone to ear, it sense the light and darkness! Due to some reasons it intrupted, for my case, the touch screen is not properly attached to case so light penetrated to phone inside or the sensir connection is dc sometime, 

Once the screen goes black, I just push slowly the touch screen, around the top, and screen goes on!

You try this, if it works just use a black tape to avoid light or tight the contacts

Hope you gux it

One time poster
Message 273 of 304
Message 273 of 304

I have put up with this problem for many years and finally tried to resolve the problem. After many hours of experimenting with no luck the many different things mentioned I decided to try the following, which appears to provide an improvement.

First go to "Settings" then "Accessibility" and ensure the "power button ends call" option is turned off.

Now when phone rings and I press the answer/ or swipre to answer the screen still goes black, but then if I press the on/off switch quickly 2 times it comes back on. If I put the phone up to my ear it goes black again, so I repeat pushing the power button twice and back comes the screen.

While this is not an ideal solution it does help, in that I can now use the screen, though need to put the phone on speaker phone to both take a call and use the screen.

Certainly will not buy another Sony in the future, especially given the poor responses to the many requests for help on this forum.

good luck

BW

One time poster
Message 274 of 304
Message 274 of 304

I had 3 z3 compacts. Two of them had this issue. While removing from the case or over sometime of phones life, screen gets loose where proximity sensor is. I just use the power button as it was mentioned some posts back or just press top left corner of the screen. 

Inhabitant
Message 275 of 304
Message 275 of 304

Hi Quicksilver

I had the M4 Aqua and hated it!  The issue we're discussing was not admitted to as a fault by either Sony or Virgin, who was my provider at the time.  The phone was sent to Virgin who sent me a contradictory set of emails.  Email 1 said that they could find nothing wrong with the phone.  Email 2 said that they had found the fault, rectified it and the phone was now perfect...it WASN'T!!  I visited the Virgin shop, showed the staff what the phone was doing and was told 'Oh yes, we can fix that, we'll completely empty it, reset it and it'll be fine.  Come back in a couple of hours.'  On revisiting the shop, the assistant handed me the phone with a smile, I made a call...and handed her back the phone which had a blank screen!

To be honest, my main complaint was that neither Sony nor Virgin would admit to there being a design fault.  I won't touch either company again with a barge pole

Regards

Phil

One time poster
Message 276 of 304
Message 276 of 304

I had the same problem with my Xperia z5 and did exactly as Lmn2015 advised. It worked well, and the problem was solved.

Inhabitant
Message 277 of 304
Message 277 of 304

Hi

I'm glad your issue came to a happy conclusion, but my phone was an M4 Aqua.  Yours was a Z5.  MY issue was that there is a problem across a range of Sony 'phones which neither they nor my provider are prepared to accept exists.  I really didn't want to fix the problem myself, I didn't want there to be a problem in the FIRST place.

One time poster
Message 278 of 304
Message 278 of 304

Re: Screen won't light up during calls Z3 Compact

When screen goes black hold a finger over top part of screen, it will come on again and enable you too push disconnect button.

Inhabitant
Message 279 of 304
Message 279 of 304

Re: Screen won't light up during calls Z3 Compact

Hi TryThis

I still answer posters, even though I got rid of my Sony quite a while ago.    We come back to the same issue, using your suggestion/tip;  WHY should we have to use ANY method other than the integral controls of the phone?                                                          

Visitor
Message 280 of 304
Message 280 of 304

Screen goes back while making calls