account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Screen goes black when making a call

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 241 of 305
Message 241 of 305

Re: Screen goes black when making a call

Hi Jazzy

Thanks for your message.

I got so sick and tired of the  thing that I bought myself out of my Virgin Mobile contract, gave the phone away and opted for an iPhone with EE.  Result; happiness!  In conclusion; (a)  I would never go back to, or recommend, Virgin Mobile.  Appalling online service, and even the staff in the shop couldn't fix the phone.  (b)  EE have been brilliant and, because they have proper shops with decent staff, I can just go in and get anything sorted straightaway.

Take care 

Phil

One time poster
Message 242 of 305
Message 242 of 305

Worked for me thanks!

I took off my case, gave the screen a clean and it was fixed.

One time poster
Message 243 of 305
Message 243 of 305

Help me I have this  problem as well my new xzs which I only have 3 months 

One time poster
Message 244 of 305
Message 244 of 305

The soft reset listed has worked for mr

One time poster
Message 245 of 305
Message 245 of 305

sony xperia z3 compact

Hi.  when i make or receive a call, the screen goes black but I can still hear the person however can not use the keypad or disonnect the call.

One time poster
Message 246 of 305
Message 246 of 305

I've also had the same problem a partial solution is in your phone settings, I think in the "ease of access" tab you can make the on/off button used to hang up the phone, it's not a full fix but it helps

One time poster
Message 247 of 305
Message 247 of 305

My screen was broken and I ordered a new one on Ali Express.

After I installed it I had the same problem.

Later on I talked with a man from a phone repairshop and he told me it was a sensor problem.

It can be 2 things

1e. The problem is that the glas of your screen in front of the (proximity) sensor  is to light.

Solution: make the glas in front of the sensor dark with a black marker.

2e. there is light leaking between your screen and the side of the phone near the sensor.

Solution: close this space with gleu or somthing

One time poster
Message 248 of 305
Message 248 of 305

Pressing hard left screen solved it. tq

One time poster
Message 249 of 305
Message 249 of 305

I m using xperia z5 bond, bought in 2017, now (2018) experiencing same blackout problem. I just realize this problem exist since 2015 from the blog. No solution yet by sony???! I like this phone, but now its getting annoying. I've tried the suggestions, even do factory reset, nothing works. Frustrated!

One time poster
Message 250 of 305
Message 250 of 305

I have one of Sony's own cases.This case should let me operate the phone with the case closed but all it does is make the screen go black and unresponsive when closed.I solved the problem by opening case when I made calls.

Hope this helps