account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Screen goes black when making a call

One time poster
Message 221 of 305
Message 221 of 305

Re: Screen goes black when making a call

It is so unfortunate to hear you are having an issue with your phone. I have Sony Z5 dual and it had same problem. When calling it goes black and you can't press any or end a call. Try this set up in the attached images.It worked for me. https://youtu.be/AsU1HiTgu78

1 - In the dialer enter *#*#7378423#*#* 2 - Go to Service test, then Proximity switch 3 - Move your hand above the left side of the Sony logo 4 - Click back and try to make a call
One time poster
Message 222 of 305
Message 222 of 305

I agree, thought more of Sony if no resolution to this I will too never buy Sony products in future!!

One time poster
Message 223 of 305
Message 223 of 305

UNBELIEVABLE SONY! After searching for 2 hours and trying all the suggestions available on the internet the only one that DID WORK is pressing firmly with a tumb on the right upper corner of the phone.  yah it's working now 

One time poster
Message 224 of 305
Message 224 of 305

I have had the same glass protector on my Z5 since it was new and have had the black screen problem for about 3-4 months. Problem started when I upgraded software so I thought it was the problem.

So I tried the *#*#7378423#*#* -> Service Test -> Priximity Switch

Found out that it was off and went on when i blocked the screen with my hand.

When I removed my hand it was still on!

Pressed firmly on upper right corner of screen and then it went off but went on again after about a second.

Removed my glass screen protector an then it started to work!

Zoi
Learner
Message 225 of 305
Message 225 of 305

My phone Xperia Z5 compact started having this problem now too.

When i run diagnostics, the only thing that stop the sensor is to press a little at the top without covering the sensor.

It looks like the glue is a bit loose, maby as a result of overheating. (The phone gets warm when playing games and taking photos alot without any breaks)

Now i know where to press when i need to tell the sensor to work temporary anyway....

Learner
Message 226 of 305
Message 226 of 305

Mine does same send it back to Sony who apparently fixed it still does it. For that reason I'll never get so y phone again. Many had answering messages with me swearing because can't end a call.and when get people asking had accident have ask them hang up.lol

Visitor
Message 227 of 305
Message 227 of 305

Mine does the same thing!!!!! 

Did u find a fix?

Please help so frustrating 

Visitor
Message 228 of 305
Message 228 of 305

Re: Xperia Companion repair not working

My phone also wont reset using XC... im going to try and do a factory reset and then try again.

Im only doing this to fix the EAR PROXIMITY SENSOR problem 

Emperor
Message 229 of 305
Message 229 of 305

Re: Xperia Companion repair not working

@Saiirz

Just a reminder, this is a global user based forum, you can contact your Local support to get it inspected. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 230 of 305
Message 230 of 305

Hi Saiirz

I wish I had a positive answer for you.  As you will have seen from my original post, Sony were no help and neither was my provider, Virgin (spit!) Mobile.  The only solution for me was to buy out of my contract with VM and dump the phone ( I actually gave it away to someone, having explained the issues).

I went to EE, got an Apple iPhone and quite a few extras for £22.00 pm.  I won't ever buy/rent a Sony again.  Their (and VM) customer service (SERVICE??? hahahahaha!) is virtually non-existent