account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen goes black when making a call

One time poster
Message 201 of 306
Message 201 of 306

Re: Screen goes black when making a call

You are right. I have the same problem with the top left corner of the phone.

One time poster
Message 202 of 306
Message 202 of 306

This is a software update issue and Sony needs to step up to the plate quickly to resolve. I've jumped through all the hoops that have been suggested and it remains the same. I can't believe a company such as Sony haven't acknowleged and fixed this.

Visitor
Message 203 of 306
Message 203 of 306

Only got the same phone yesterday premium zx and mine does the same thing Im unable to ring three from key pad, as unable to press options on switch board AS THE SCREEN COMPLETELY TURNS BLACK WHEN YOU PRESS CALL. WHY, AND THESE GOUCHER SHOULDN'T HAPPEN ON A PREMIUM PHONE! HELP! 

Visitor
Message 204 of 306
Message 204 of 306

Glitches Typo you gouch 

Visitor
Message 205 of 306
Message 205 of 306

OK having spoken to Sony themselves, it's the thickness of the screen protector which foos the proximity sensor into thinking the phone is by your ear even if your holding the phone. The thickness of that screen protector is was 9h it said it was for this phone. That protector was a nice view glass phone screen DO NOT USE THAT ONE. Been advised to simply stick with Sony recomended thin screen protector. Thanks sony x

Learner
Message 206 of 306
Message 206 of 306

Hi guys, press the top left corner of your screen, the proximity sensor has and issue because the screen glue has come unstuck. Curen the phone for now but still the screen will need fixing by Sony

Visitor
Message 207 of 306
Message 207 of 306

Nah if you do a test on sensor via the diagnostic page it shouldn't buzz in your hand, if it dies the screen protector is too thick proximity sensor thinks its been put to your ear, when really its the weight of the screen protector. Advice given get a thinner screen protector, remove the thick screen protector and my problem been resolved, phone works like a dream thanks though no glue needed! X

Message 208 of 306
Message 208 of 306

Hi, I'm having the same problem and I recently cracked the front and back screen. The touchscreen lost all functionality so I took it to get the screens replaced. The Proximity Sensor test failed. Could the new screen be the problem?

Message 209 of 306
Message 209 of 306

@Jordan_Farrell wrote:

Hi, I'm having the same problem and I recently cracked the front and back screen. The touchscreen lost all functionality so I took it to get the screens replaced. The Proximity Sensor test failed. Could the new screen be the problem?

I just realised it said vibration in the test. It vibrates as soon as the test starts and does not stop. Is the screen the problem?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 210 of 306
Message 210 of 306

Hi Jordan

I became so totally sick of the phone that I bought out of my contract and got an iphone with EE.  The problem with the Sony seems to be around that top left corner.  I didn't drop or damage mine, but pressing the rear top left would make the screen come on!  Whatever you do, DON'T go to Virgin Mobile!  Their 'customer service' is a complete DIS-service.  Even the guys trying to get you to sign up admit their CS ids crap.