account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen goes black when making a call

Visitor
Message 61 of 299
Message 61 of 299

Re: Screen goes black when making a call

Meant to add....if you cover light sensor with your finger for half a second then lift it back.off, the screen comes up briefly.
Still really annoying, especially when having to type in numbers while on a call. Eg- "Press 1 to speak to....etc."
Also found pressing the power button while on a call, stops the call.
Rookie
Message 62 of 299
Message 62 of 299

I had the same problem on Xperia M4 Aqua Slightly smiling Face luckly for me , the solution was to remove the anit finger print layer that I just put on the phone. Anything that blocks the sensor on the left top corner must be removed. After that it should work normaly. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 63 of 299
Message 63 of 299

On several occasions I've had to remove my sim to end a call.  Screen goes black and NOTHING else will restore it.

After reading several posts I tried the cotton bud in the sensor as suggested by Scotterillo and even though it looked clean enough, it has worked so far.  Thanks Scott.

One time poster
Message 64 of 299
Message 64 of 299

I've had the same problem but all I have to do is give the screen a quick clean or wipe over and press the power button and the screen returns. The sensor must get blocked easily.
One time poster
Message 65 of 299
Message 65 of 299

Its a major fault with the phone. It is not connected to the proximity senser as it will black out even when you place the phone on a glass table face up!

Go settings>Accessability>Power Button Ends call

Its not much as you can't key in digits etc but at least you can end the call.

Ap4
One time poster
Message 66 of 299
Message 66 of 299

You are right
But how do I fix it
One time poster
Message 67 of 299
Message 67 of 299

I just made this acount to pitch in with the solution I found.

you could possibly just have a screen protector, remove it and everything will be normal again. Slightly smiling Face

Talent
Message 68 of 299
Message 68 of 299

Errr....NO.  I don't have a screen protector but do have the extremely annoying and fundamental issue.  Sony - this is a phone - its main purpose is to make (and end) phone calls. Why are you not resolving this issue NOW. An absolute disgrace on your part.

One time poster
Message 69 of 299
Message 69 of 299

I am experiencing exactly the same fault as the above person. My phone not yet a year old and started doing this. It is with every phone call whether incoming or out going. The service provider I got the contract and phone through doesn't have a depot ( or at least not one any where close to my home town). I have had to lend a friends comp in the past to update the phone when it's been requested but my friend completed the action for me as they were computer literate and I'm not so confident especially when dealing with very precious data that can't be replaced. I would happily have the data backed up onto a safer device. Unfortunately the friend has now moved away and so I'm left with no computer access or knowledge of how to do these actions properly. I haven't yet contacted my provider in ref to this fault, as it's only just started, but I'm aware that even if I needed to return the handset for repair I would need to backup all data I wished to keep.... Do you have any solutions or advise?
Learner
Message 70 of 299
Message 70 of 299

My phone screen goes black when I make a call or have an incoming one

My phone screen goes black when I make a call or have an incoming one. What am I supposed to do?