account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen goes black when making a call

One time poster
Message 51 of 299
Message 51 of 299

Re: Screen goes black when making a call

Thanks Tazo, that fixed mine up, for the most part. 

Unlike others the screen isn't dirty or loose as mine is in a solid case (Love Mei brand) and hasn't left it since I bought it about 4 months ago. 

I do think it's a software problem as the fix isn't perfect but is far better than trying to get the screen to show. There is a delay in it going from black to appearing. Sony really needs to sort out it's software issues, I almost went to buy a Samsang Galaxy, and I think I might go back to them with my next phone in a few years time. Something like this should had been a pirority and fixed immediately, not allowed to persist for this long. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 52 of 299
Message 52 of 299

Mine was doing same turned out to be dust in the ear sensor plus the glass screen cover was obscuring the sensor now I don't have any issues shame my wife won't remove her screen cover.
It only worked perfectly when earphones were in previous, on the diagnosis it vibrated even before you layed it on flat surface.

Thanks
Rookie
Message 53 of 299
Message 53 of 299

I have the same problem too. Neznamnista how did you glue it? My screen seems to be loose too.

I am also struggling with this black screen during calls, I know two other people with the same type of phone and problem.

I hate this phone. I wanted to buy a great phone, but this one is worse than any others I have had before.

Km7
One time poster
Message 54 of 299
Message 54 of 299

Have the same problem new phone had the Sony m4 aqua l make a call screen goes black if I have voice mail can't retrieve it because I can't get the dial pad cause the screen is black. I have had other Sony smart phones and never had this problem very disappointed SONY.. Nothing fixes this you people better do something or this will be MY LAST SONY PRODUCT EVER nothing fixes this problem do something
Visitor
Message 55 of 299
Message 55 of 299

I can tell you this problem started after the most recent update !

I have tried doing tests of all my sensors, formatted the phone, went to the companion app and installed the update again.

Did everything and the problem still exists !

They screwed up the latest update ! thats for sure !

One time poster
Message 56 of 299
Message 56 of 299

Have the same problem with my Xperia z3. When trying to call the screen goes black. This is the last time I will every buy a Sony Product! It is absolute amateur trash.
Ka7
One time poster
Message 57 of 299
Message 57 of 299

Wow thankx alot.I had the same problem and for me I tried to remove the cover and still the hear censer was not turning on then I removed the top glass protector I had put and the phone functioned well.thankx guys.
One time poster
Message 58 of 299
Message 58 of 299

This solved my issue, thank you! Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 59 of 299
Message 59 of 299

HI ive had ths problem myself. nothing different has happened but i've had the phone a month or so and it happended after a couple of weeks. really strange but it is okay if its plugged in charging when im on a call. even tried then whilst on a call plugging in the charger and straight away the screen came back up. i thought it was because it was low battery but i never have this problem when im rung. try and see if it stops if you put the charger in whilst you are on a black screen  and see if that works. x not a definate fix but it may help sony figure out why its happening. not happy though when im paying rather a lot of money for this phone and it doesnt work as well as my z which i am debating on going back to

Visitor
Message 60 of 299
Message 60 of 299

I have this problem too, which only started after the last update.
The ear proximity sensor test mentioned above was a fail. Restarted many times, same fail.