Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2015-10-23 09:33 PM
This is caused by headphones screwing up volume.
1) Connect headphones (mine was blu-tooth)
2) Play Music
3) Adjust music volume (you will see the slider pop up) Hit the "BELL" symbol - now you can adjust your ringtone volume.
4) Switch back to music volume.. and don't ever change the ringtone volume while listening to music ever again!!!
You might be able to just plug in headphones and adjust it right away, but this worked for me.
Source: Been trying to figure it out for about a week after a workout in the gym, and I accidently changed my ringer volume to zero while trying to adjust my music volume..
2015-11-04 11:26 AM
Hmm. I had the same problem and fixed it as so:
- Press the volume up key: the volume won't increase but the notification will show
- Drag the volume slider up on the notification. Now you'll have volume!
Software bug perhaps?
2015-12-05 01:25 PM
VerseChorusCurse's suggestion worked for me.
The fact that it is impossible to change the ring volume when it is set to zero is definitely a software bug in my opinion.
I suspect that I might have set it to zero by mistake when changing the volume of sound on a manual video, even though that would be strange – sound on a video should be a completely different control; anyhow thanks for the suggestion!
2015-12-19 06:36 PM
2016-01-14 11:25 PM
2016-02-05 01:11 PM
2016-03-01 12:16 AM
2016-04-22 10:22 PM
Hello this worked on my z2, press the volume button, then click on the bell icon that comes up, cycle through and it should be fixed, let me know if it works.