account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Removing retail demo

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

Removing retail demo

I cannot get the retail demo video to stop. It plays all the time and deletes apps and things.

I've tried the *#*#sellmore#*#* and when I type this is nothing happens. I've googled for ages looking for a solution.

How can I check if the phone is a retail phone and if it is is there anything I can do? I got a from a friend
21 REPLIES 21
Emperor
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Re: Removing retail demo

Dial *#06*#  and look for the IMEI number, if you can't find one most likely it is a Demo unit

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

It has an imei number
Emperor
Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

Dial 

*#*#73556673#*#*

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

Doesn't do anything that, the number just disappears when you finish typing if
Emperor
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

you are supposed to type it and wait few seconds, you might want to take it back to the store if nothing work 

Visitor
Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

Actually the code seems to have turned it off even though it didn't say anything but whenever the phone is reset or even factory data reset it comes back on and also has a list of contacts that I have no idea who they are.

Thanks for help
Emperor
Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

Odd, it'll be wise to delete everything with PCC, re-install the latest update

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Visitor
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

Thank you, will give it a go. I just download that on my laptop I presume and then there will be a button to erase all content and settings?
Emperor
Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

it will be under updates, it is wise to re-install the latest update