account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Recorded video's: no sound

Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Recorded video's: no sound

Can somebody please help me? yesterday i' ve
recorded a few video's by using the camera app... I wanted to watch these movies but there isnt Any sound on the recordings...
Already found out this was a setting That was turnen off: record audio on/ off... I didnt know there was a setting for That, and ive never heard about it either ...
Maybe a usefull tip: please, change phone standard setting to audio on instead of audio off...
Many People Will have the same issue otherwise , in the future...

Because these recordings are very important to me, i really am disapointed, and would like to have these video's WITH sound...
Could somebody please tell me if its possible That somehow i Will be able to get the audio back in my video s? I Know if it was because of the wrong settng record no audio, there should nt be an option to get my sound back because these wasnt recorded at al... But somehow someting lets me think the audio could be reproducable maybe in collected data they use of the Phone, where we as users dont know about or So?

Please , please please can somebody help me?

Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Recorded video's: no sound

@RominaS

I'm sorry to hear about this, perhaps you turned off the microphone w/o noticing.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Maybe, i dont know... As is said, even didnt know i could turn this off.
Anyhow, does it mean there s no option to get the sound to it???
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Sorry to say but if audio was turned off then the microphone wouldn't have been recording anything and I'm also sorry to say audio will not be recoverable however it's not the best solution but you could use a program like VSO photoDVD which I use to make video's and add music audio as a background sound

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi RominaS. I have the same problem with yours. I have recorded a concert but there's no audio. I'm quite disappointed about what happened and tried checking my settings and found out that I haven't "Check" or "On" my microphone. It don't record sound when its unchecked. Go check urs. Hope it helps. 😊😊
One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I have checked out a load of instructions and none mention having to set sound on..... Which actually was already set but of no use .

I was verbally abused by a huge angry man... recorded it but no sound even though the sound is set at on!!!

There is no audio recording when recording a video. I cannot locate ANY useful info. IMO time to scrap sony and find another phone.

Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Same problem with my XZ2, sometimes it records with sound and sometimes not. I real nuisance..

Makes phone partly redundant as that's one of the main features. And nothing I can find in sonys help furum. Is it head in sand syndrome? 

Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@craggan67 

Are you using the preloaded camera app? have you tested the phone in Safe mode?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)