account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Push notifications dont work properly

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Push notifications dont work properly

Hello! Ive got a problem with my push notifications on incoming messages in Whats App, Hangouts, mail applications.
I do not receive any notification either when z3 is in sleep mode or active. Moreover, i only receive new messages when i open respective application. Even if i have it running but not active at the moment, i dont receive any notifications unless i switxh to the app and check a chat or inbox manually. Please help solve the issue.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Re: Push notifications dont work properly

In this case,there might be a problem with your APN settings. See this topic:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/Sony-Xperia-Z1-push-notifications-problems/m-p/522571#M...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Do you have stamina mode enabled?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

No, its disabled
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

Does this occur for mobile data only or both wifi and mobile data?

Regular
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Have just checked it - only when using mobile data. When using wifi, everythings alright
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

In this case,there might be a problem with your APN settings. See this topic:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/Sony-Xperia-Z1-push-notifications-problems/m-p/522571#M...

Regular
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

Tried the solution, reinstalled apn settings as suggested in the post (settings-more-internet settings), but the problem still persists
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Strange.Can you try if the same occurs in safe mode with hangouts?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Regular
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

Sorry, checked it again - now everything works fine, thank you!
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Great, anytime.