account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Push notifications dont work properly

SOLVED
Regular
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Push notifications dont work properly

Hi again, i now have the same problem. What could be the reason behind it and how to avoid it in future?
Actually I would like it to be fixed in coming updates, as it is really annoying - I often miss very important notifications.
Highlighted
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

You should contact your network.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Push notifications issue

Hello!
Previously i wrote about a problem of not receiving push norifications from my apps (like hangout, whatsapp) when using mobile data. With wifi everyrhing works fine.
The priblem has appeared again.Ive tried reloading vpn setting several times as was suggested by moderators, but this doesnt help anymore. Please help.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Re: Push notifications issue

Sorry to hear that.

Like alex suggested you should contact your network operator to check your APN settings and or try using another SIM card.

There can be a problem with the network operators proxy (if you use any) within your APN settings. You can try to remove any proxy details and check if it works.

Regular
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Johan, I've changed my sim-card - that did not help. How can i check my APN and what spwcifically should be fixed? And how can i remove proxy details?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

If you open up your APN settings in the phone you will find some proxy details. Try to remove those and save the settings.

You should also double check your APN settings with your network operator.

Regular
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Johan, hello,
I dont use proxy, so nothing to remove.
Ive double checked apn settings with my network provider - didnt help, i still do not receive any notifications. What elseyou could suggest?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

If it works via Wi-Fi but not via Mobile networks it must be something related to your network operator.

But before jumping to any conclusion, do you have Stamina mode activated or any other power saving options? If not then you can continue to troubleshoot this by trying another SIM card.

Regular
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Hi again, no these modes are switched off and i dont use them.

As i wrote previously, ive already changed my previous sim card for a new one, spefically for this issue, but it didnt help.