account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Progessive ringtone volume not working

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Progessive ringtone volume not working

Progressive (increasing) ringtone volume never worked for me on Android 4.4 and also on Android 5.0.2. is this an unsolved bug ? I upgraded with PC Companion, I don't really have a problem resetting with factory reset, but if that also does not help... It is embarasing when a phone suddenly rings loud in a quiet office or at home when your child sleeps. And modifying manually is also not a solution.

So, are there any Xperia 3 compact with progressive ring volume working ok ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Progessive ringtone volume not working

I think you have misunderstood how it works - If your ring volume is set to high then that is the starting volume however if you set your volume low then that is the starting volume then it will gradually get louder - if it's set to loud then it will not start quietly

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

I think you have misunderstood how it works - If your ring volume is set to high then that is the starting volume however if you set your volume low then that is the starting volume then it will gradually get louder - if it's set to loud then it will not start quietly

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I spent many minutes and tried many times. Thank you. Your explanation make thing clear and solve my probem right away.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Sweet

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Oh, thank you! At Xperia T was the other way: the set up volume was the max, playing from the quietest to that  set up volume.

Still, with this new way it will ring right to the maximum possible after several rings? it would be nice to have a range...