account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Power button no longer working

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Power button no longer working

So my Z3 Tablet Compact has seen better days. It has fallen countless times but has endured all of them. My only problem is that part of the upper part of the screen has detached from the casing. And I can lift it up a bit to see the under side of the screen. Recently, it got moisture inside from being placed inside a bag with wet clothing and the bag was under the sun. I saw the camera lenses fog up. When I tried pressing the power button... No response. And now the volume up button acts as volume up and the power button. I also noticed a small crack near the power button. I already placed the device under rice grains to absorb the moisture overnight. Still doesn't work. Any fix for this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Power button no longer working

Hi @akosiJD,

I'm sorry to hear this.

I would recommend that you get in contact with your Local support team for assistance with having your device sent in to an authorized service center for repair. Your local support team can also assist you with any question you may have regarding service routines in your country/region.

Let me know how it works out.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

2 REPLIES 2
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @akosiJD,

I'm sorry to hear this.

I would recommend that you get in contact with your Local support team for assistance with having your device sent in to an authorized service center for repair. Your local support team can also assist you with any question you may have regarding service routines in your country/region.

Let me know how it works out.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the reply. Managed to get the buttons to work. That was the good news. But the tablet went into bootloop so I had it checked in a Sony Service Center only to find out that I had to leave it for 2-3 days and the estimated cost would be incredible. So I went home and tried to revive the device myself. All warranties void now. Tablet is working now tho.