account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone overheated while charging,charger melted,burnt hands,STILL waiting for a call back from Sony

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: Phone overheated while charging,charger melted,burnt hands,STILL waiting for a call back from So

Hi @Justanothercarguy,

I'm so sorry to hear about this and that you feel that you haven't been supported by us.

I checked this in our systems and I can see that your local support created a case regarding this. As I understand you have declined our offer to have your device and accessories examined to investigate the cause behind what happen.

These kinds of cases are always managed locally as the device needs to be examined in order to move further on but If there's something I can help you with please let me know.

My suggestion is that you contact your local support team to let them bring in your device for investigation so we can help you.

Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

Re: Phone overheated while charging,charger melted,burnt hands,STILL waiting for a call back from So

Yes i declined your "offer" as your "offer" consisted of me giving you my 6 week old phone for up to 2 months while it is investigated and i am left with no phone.

Your suggestion, Johan, would be great if we all lived in a world where we keep 2 phones, just on the off chance that it decides to melt its own charger and burn my fingers at 3am.

If you feel you can "offer" me something where i am left not having to rely on a public phone box and carrier pigeon then by all means let me know.

If you cant then please refrain from posting on my topic in an attempt to make it look like i am being unreasonable when in actual fact you are the unreasonable ones, when you consider this handset is 6 weeks old and has malfunctioned to the point whereby it could, quite easily of killed me in my sleep by setting on fire. 

You think about that before your next reply.

One time poster
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

I've had the same prblem with my phone getting too hot. I was lucky that I realised the problem before it got out of hand. There is a clear mark through the glass of the phone where you can see the inside of the phone has melted. I feel like this may be a prblem for this model.