account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone not catching a network signal

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Phone not catching a network signal

I havent rebooted my Z3 compact for last 13 days or so.

Today suddenly the network went blank.

I did a manual scan and tried selecting my Sims network in both 2G or 3G but after battling for 2 hours I left it all as if I lost the battle!!

My phone isnt connecting to my sims network. It keeps giving error: Could not connect to network now. Please try again later.

Or else it keep showing Registering on... forvever but would never register on that network.

This happened in the past as well and I had to reboot or shutdown and power on to make it work.

Is this a common issue?

Apart from this there isnt any call dropping or any sort of other issues.

-------- If my Post or Answer helped you out, Please KUDOS me Slightly smiling Face
11 REPLIES 11
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Phone not catching a network signal

Have you checked with your network to see if they have an issue with their service?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Nope they are doing fine. The network is good.

As always I restarted the phone and the network was back.

Dont know if its a norm or something to keep restarting these devices after some days to refresh the software or hardware.

-------- If my Post or Answer helped you out, Please KUDOS me Slightly smiling Face
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I'm at a loss but you could try a system repair to see if it fixes the issue or check take your device to the place of purchase or your networks store and have them check it over

Performing a system repair using PC Companion will factory reset your phone and erase all data so backup 1st

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

The (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds) method has never ever worked with my phone dont know why.

But this last time I'm going to observe this issue for another cople of days and then will repost hereif it again persists.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Hi RohitTech,

Have you tried replacing the SIM card? this sounds more like a SIM failure more than a hardware failure. Even if the SIM works in another device, this SIM could still have issues with the current device you have.

Let us know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Nope my sim is excellent and works fine on all/any phone.

As said I rebooted my xperia and its working good now.

There is some system service flaw in the xperia OS hence the issue persists.
Take this into consideration and improve it in future update.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

If you have tested another SIM in this device, and the issue continues, then I suggest that you take the device back to the place of purchase or contact Sony Mobile Customer Care. Please use the following link to contact them directly.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I have been having this problem for about 2 weeks. This is what I have done so far:

1. Tested the SIM - works fine in other handsets

2. Used other working SIMs in the handset - they do not work with my handset but are fine in others

3. Done a factory reset

4. Used Sony Companion to repair the software

5. Called my network provider who said the network is fine

The phone still won't connect to the network but the handset appears to be working otherwise. I have been looking into it online and I understand that sometimes the arials become damaged and therefore connection is disrupted. Please could Sony advise, I feel there's no other option except to get the phone repaired.

Best,

Ben

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

This is an old thread but in case anyone stumpled upon it, this issue happened to my Sony Xperia XA last night. I had no idea why it suddenly wouldn’t catch network signal. I rebooted my phone many times but it didn’t work. Then, I remembered that I set my preferred network type to LTE only. When I changed it back to LTE preferred/WCDMA/GSM, it worked perfectly fine again. Hope his helps.