account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone and Memory problems after upgrading to 6.0

Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Phone and Memory problems after upgrading to 6.0

My Z3 Compact is only working in 2G (gsm), not in 3G nor 4G(lte). So I cant reach internet, cant use any apps that needs datatraffic.
And when I try to move apps from Internal storage to my sd-card it says: not sufficient memory.
Despite there are lots of GB free on both internal and sd- card.
My wifi works.
I have done restarts and software repairs according to Sony Support Instruction mailed to me.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Phone and Memory problems after upgrading to 6.0

@anderskihlstrom Have you tried to download your internet settings again? Under settings - more.

About the SD card, does it work for camera or other apps?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Alexdon, the answers to the 2 questions are Yes.
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

In this case, I would suggest you to format the SD card and use the function again.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

After Marshmallow Sony Xperia Z3 Compact won't connect to LTE anymore.

So I updated my version to 6.0.1. yesterday afternoon. Since the update completed I was not able to connect to my LTE anymore. Phone calls still work just LTE doesn't. I've tried turning off and on again, reinserting the sim, repairing the update and flight mode and nothing has worked.

Please help!

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Re: After Marshmallow Sony Xperia Z3 Compact won't connect to LTE anymore.

try to set your mobile network type to LTE only,

go outside, try to access your mobile network.

wait a few momments,.

also try to those above while in safe mode

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Learner
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Re: After Marshmallow Sony Xperia Z3 Compact won't connect to LTE anymore.

I have exactly the same problem since the update to Marshmallow. I tried all the possibilities - turn off-on, safe mode, the mobile net is good, but no LTE anymore.

Fast help needed! Thanks

Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

I have now restarted my Z3 Compact, 8 times after 2 factory resets. The SD-card problem solved by restarts? I am now able to move apps from Internal storage to my sd-card. Good!
One remaing problem: After restarts, the phone functions with 3G-4G. As soon as I turn on wifi, the phone turns to 2G- mode. And will not recover to 3G-4G until I perform a new restart. Marshmallows right now. Please give me some advices, instead of raising "my status on this Forum". I dont need more "Congrats you are now...."

Learner
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Hello anybody out there to resolve the LTE problem? I urgently need help because I need my phone for work!
As said, since the update to Marshmallow the mobile data is not connecting anymore (no lte, no 3G). I tried all the different proposals (safe mode, turn off,...) and it is definitely not the mobile net.
One time poster
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

I had the same problem as many others, that the mobile data didn't work. None of the above solutions worked, instead it turned out that the automatic internet settings were faulty. After performing mobile data and MMS setup manually it started working.