account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

PC Companion backup failure

Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

PC Companion backup failure

Since updating to Lollipop 5.0, PC Companion does not seem to be able to backup properly and I keep getting error/fail messages.  I have manually selected each thing i want to backup.. i.,e messages, contacts etc and done them individually and it says it has backed them up, but still says there are errors in the backup and that if a restore was to be made, things might not be able to recover properly.

Is this a glitch with Lollipop 5.0 or does PC Companion need an update now that the phone software has been upadated?

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: PC Companion backup failure

@anethos

That's odd, could you test this with another computer 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

tried, still doesn't work

Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Is the phone encrypted? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I have the same issue, but mine gets 80% of the way through the progress bar and hangs. I have to either cancel or close the backup/restore software.

Any thoughts?

Richard

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I've just updated to Nougat (Android version 7, Build 32.3.A.0.376) and now I get Mesages saying PC companion Backup has fails for : calender, call log, contacts, messages. My phone is not encrypted. I powered off and restarted both the computer (Windows 10) and my phone (Sony Xperia Z5 Compact). The backup worked before the upgrade to Nougat. I have tried to just backup single items but they each fail.

Learner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I got some trouble with pc companion, the backup hang at the 50%. I solved changing the backup option on the phone because it was selected the SD, changing to USB averthing works perfectly.

Thanks