account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

NFC and Wifi direct not working

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

NFC and Wifi direct not working

I haver tried nfs and wifi direct on my z3.

But today decided to try the with my brothers samsung galaxy s4.

The problems:

I can send files via nfc to s4 but s4 isnt able to send anything to me via nfs. Pretty strange!!

If we force again and again, only google play store opens automatically.

We enabled wifi direct on both our phones and it showed connected as well.

But whenever we try to share anything it says "Sending failed" after a while on his S4.

And on my phone it does nothing at all even though it still shows connected in Wifi direct settings menu.

What I tried is using File commander, select file, send via wifi direct, the s4 shows as connected and when I click on it nothing happens at all!!

Then whats the use of Wifi direct on Z3???

-------- If my Post or Answer helped you out, Please KUDOS me Slightly smiling Face
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: NFC and Wifi direct not working

The issue here seems to be the S4, I was able to transfer files between Z and Z1 and Z1 with a Z3, I had hit and miss with Xperias and samsung but not with Xperias and other Androids. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

So this is definitely an issue with the Z3 or is it the other device? Have you gone to Samsung to complain?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Emperor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

The issue here seems to be the S4, I was able to transfer files between Z and Z1 and Z1 with a Z3, I had hit and miss with Xperias and samsung but not with Xperias and other Androids. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I managed NFC with S4 but like others complaint, wifi direct isnt working at all.

I'm **bleep** sure nothings wrong with my z3.

-------- If my Post or Answer helped you out, Please KUDOS me Slightly smiling Face
Emperor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

You should post on Samsung's forum and see what they say

Highlighted
Adept
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Have same Problem with Z2 and Galaxy S3.

If i send a file to my S3 it works, but from S3 to Z2 not. It opens a window with text inside: Source not available.

Its a difference between S-Beam and Android-Beam, that the system cant work with no Samsung branded Smartphones.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I have the same problem of sharing my files from my Z3C to note 8...the only solution is to use DLNA that works perfectly