account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My phone is charging very very slow!

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

My phone is charging very very slow!

I have a sony experian Z3 compact and since last night I have noticed the phone is charging extremly slow.

It has been on charge for about 12 hours and is only up to about 50%.

I have been using wall chargers and have also used 2 different chargers and still finding that it is charging very slow.

Can anyone help?

any suggestions on what or why this could be happening.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: My phone is charging very very slow!

Hi @saj1,

That is odd. I'm assuming that one of the chargers that you've tried was the one included with the phone?

Could you try charging your phone while in safe mode and see if that makes a difference?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

8 REPLIES 8
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Hi @saj1,

That is odd. I'm assuming that one of the chargers that you've tried was the one included with the phone?

Could you try charging your phone while in safe mode and see if that makes a difference?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

This seems to have fixed the problem as I can already see it has charged 10% in the last 15 mins! as apposed to 4% since the morning.

Thanks for your help with this!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Glad to hear that! Slightly smiling Face

It seems that you have a very power hungry third party app installed in that case since third party apps are disabled in safe mode. If this continues you could check the battery usage by going to Settings > Power management > Battery usage. It should help you find the app that causes this.

One time poster
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I recently purchased the Xperia L1 it takes a long time to charge

2T5
Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Re: My phone is charging very very slow!!!!!!!

my phone charges ridiculously slowly, but goes down normally...  also text is messed up, and while i have a computer avalible, i would like to try the optsions that don't need computer (i can't thank you jet becose i need to hear the answer and give a thank you depending on how well it works Grinning FaceScreenshot_20180213-174247.png

Screenshot_20180213-165900.png

2T5
Learner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Re: My phone is charging very very slow!!!!!!!

nevermind πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜‚ ✌️ πŸ”₯ πŸ’― πŸ†

my charger was broken, if only in that 6 gb of stuff i don't use and haven't opened  (google+, chatapp or something and video slideshow.   also some vr effect app i disables because it looked way too suspicious)  had a battery a aliasing app not 6 gb of atuff whit 6 gb(maybe 4gb) being system but some smaller phone i had once system taking only 1.5gb, i forsee that phones become usuless on the future becose of thenet neutrality getting destroyed and phones more  and more collecting data..  k bye 

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Hello,

my phone is charging very very slow, too. I got this problem since today, last night it charged as fast as always. I already started the phone in the safe mode but that made no difference. Also I uninstalled the two Apps I had installed a few days before. That made no difference, too. Using different chargers doesn`t solve the problem. What else could it be or could I do?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I am having a same problem buddy 😏

And i am worried about it.