account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My phone does not detect devices using an OTG cable

SOLVED
Regular
Message 11 of 23
Message 11 of 23

Re: My phone does not detect devices using an OTG cable

Thank you Emir for you tip. I am trying you method. And i tip you again.. I am new on sony support.. (poor English) thanks
Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 23
Message 12 of 23

Re: My phone does not detect devices using an OTG cable

Great to hear man! Feel free to let me know if I could assist you with anything else. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 13 of 23
Message 13 of 23

Re: Otg no supported

Hi, I'm new on this.

I tried to conect my OTG sandisk USB device to my new Z3 compact (marshmallow 6.0.1) and it does not detect it. I do not have any notification that the usb is plugged like in my other phones.

The usb unit works perfectly with my moto G, and my BQ. I tried also with a cable and nothing. I restarted the phone with the usb plugged like @Emir suggeted and nothing.

I also noticed that as @9911 I do not have any option in usb settings that says "detect USB" in the usb conectivity menu the only thing I have is "install software" which is activated, so I cannot follow the instructions from @alexdon

The usb port seems to work because I can connect to the Xperia companion in my computer without problems and it also charges without problems.

Can anybody help me? I have to add that my device did not updated automatically to Marshmallow when I turned it on the firts time, I had to do it via PC (Xperia Companion).

This is really strange, my device is new and I really wonder if I have to return it to the seller or to sony... I am a little bit disappointed.

Apprentice
Message 14 of 23
Message 14 of 23

i have the same problem and it seems there's no way out of this trouble!

we have this compability in all of our xperia devices around like z, zr, z ultra, m4 ad, z5, z5c and even another z3+ too!

unfortunately its just disturbing me on my phone...

Emperor
Message 15 of 23
Message 15 of 23

@Destinova

which brands of USB OTG are you testing?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 16 of 23
Message 16 of 23

There's not much of otg brands on my country but i used various cables and adaptors which worked on other phones and they were ok! I don't think it depends on cable brand 

Emperor
Message 17 of 23
Message 17 of 23

@Destinova

the it could be your phone as it should work and you can see that it does work.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 18 of 23
Message 18 of 23

of course it's a phone malfunction and it's very rare problem.!!! onley few Z3+ devices has such problem as mine. the main mindkilling matter is "this is a hardware error or a software one?"

i bought this phone for 2 months and don't want it be opened for repair because i hate harware-repaired phones and it will break the IP68 too !!!

if i was one of the administrators of SONY Xperia team, i had to think about a solution for this problem

Highlighted
Learner
Message 19 of 23
Message 19 of 23

Uliwooli

I conducted 3 tests:

1. a Sandisk OTG drive of 32GB directly plugged

2. the same Sandisk but plugged through a Hama OTG cable.

3. Plugging the mouse of my computer 

I conducted the three tests in my Xperia Z3C and none of the three worked. I also restarted the phone in normal mode and in safe mode with the usb units plugged in to force its detection but nothing happened.

I conducted the three tests in a bq Aquaris U and they worked perfectly

I conducted the three tests in a Samsung A3 and they worked perfectly

Prior to these 3 tests I factory reseted the device 3 times and I conducted the Xperia Companion Repair of software.

After this I assume that the device is defective, ¿what should I do?

Emperor
Message 20 of 23
Message 20 of 23

@Destinova

If you get the phone repaired by an official Sony Xperia repair center, it won't affect waterproof at all.