account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Multitask after update 6.0.1 (Marshmallows)

SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
Message 1 of 36

Multitask after update 6.0.1 (Marshmallows)

I am a kind of guy who use multitask a lot...i always surfing at Facebook and replay to one of my friend on Whatsapp and i get no problem changing between the apps !
But after the update i got some problem with it...it seems that Marshmallows is taking a lot of RAM, when i was on playing CoC (Claah of Clans) and my alarm goes on and I turned it off but the surprise was the game refresh back !!!!!

My brother has Z3 Compact and when he plays CoC and at the same time he msg someone on Whatsapp and go to FB and return to the game, and it continue from the last time he left it over !

So what the huh ?!
Is there going to be a fix of this or not !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 17 of 36
Message 17 of 36

Re: Multitask after update 6.0.1 (Marshmallows)

Guys....
For everybody who worry's about the multitask !!

I got a software update 4 days ago and now it can run 4 or 5 apps at the same time not like after I updated MM. now it's okay i can go on with it but the lolipop was better i know, it can run 8 to 9 apps but at least after the last update it's okay now !!

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Emperor
Message 2 of 36
Message 2 of 36

@Ahmadbajrai271

You probably have other background apps running, hence the game reset, also, it's not wise to leave heavy games running in the background, it will drain the battery, also, even with other phones and with different android versions, the phone will reset after some time. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 36
Message 3 of 36

Hi @Ahmadbajrai271,

Welcome to the community.

Android will always try to use all the available RAM and allocate it to the currently used app automatically. It is normal.

You can read more about it here: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Memory-in-Android-devices/m-p/348064/highlight/true#M8

It's impossible for me to say how a third party app should behave, only the app dev can answer that. Does this happen with any other app?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 36
Message 4 of 36

Yes, stock Marshmallow has more aggressive memory management - more people have noticed it.

You can try concept, it works better on this regard.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 36
Message 5 of 36

You can also experiment with: 

Developer Options -> Background Process Limit.

Message 6 of 36
Message 6 of 36

Yes it happens to a lors of app...

I can't even use multitasking with 3 differents app... 2 different app and it start to refresh by it self.

For example : when I use chrome or any Internet browser and suddenly my friend msgs me on Whatsapp and it's going to pop up on your upper screen and when i click it it works normally but when i get back to chrome it refreshes BACK !!
it's really annoying...

I didn't have any issues when i was using LOLLIPOP...i evwn use 3 different apps and the phone can keeps it where i left it !

Learner
Message 7 of 36
Message 7 of 36

Same here, multitasking is awful on Android 6.0.1, the reloads starts after 2-3 simple apps. Lollipop was way better in this regard with 10+ apps in the background changing instantaneously without any reload!
Learner
Message 8 of 36
Message 8 of 36

Z3C - Dialer, SMS, Setings, ... - LAG opening after update from 5.1.1. to MM .575

When opening dialer, sms, settings, anything - a sec or two lag present. Close app. open app. - fine. Close app. wait for 5 min. and there's lag again.

Installed update with PC companion, cleared cache partition, factory reseted, done all. Lag still here after two days of using.

So anoying.

No 3rd party app. that uses calling capabilities installed except viber. No viber - still the same.

Help?

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 36
Message 9 of 36

Re: Z3C - Dialer, SMS, Setings, ... - LAG opening after update from 5.1.1. to MM .575

does this happen when you are in safe mode?

there is usually a lag felt after an updatem as background tasks are ongoing such indexing new files calibrating to the new update,

however if this goes on you can try to software repair using Xperia Companion

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Learner
Message 10 of 36
Message 10 of 36

Re: Z3C - Dialer, SMS, Setings, ... - LAG opening after update from 5.1.1. to MM .575

I did clean install with PC companion (upgrade, no OTA), reset cache partition (no need realy after PC companion install) and AGAIN repaired with PC companion. Nothing helps.

Safe mode - the same, no help.

Anyway, this is kinda strange, lag manifests this way: in response to launching app (Dialer let say) "window"/app pops up immediately but is is empty/white and only after a sec/two content shows up (for Dialer recent call list, favourites/frequent contacts, search). Minimizing app and immediately opening again is ok (it is in cache, background, memory, wonderland or something Slightly smiling Face), instant content shows up. But if I lounch another app after minimizing dialer and then start dialer again - lag in Dialer is there. As if somehow Dialer is killed in background and need to relounch again from the start  (even full relounch should not take that long anyway). Same as killing it in recent activities. All other stock apps behave this way.

Aside, phone is reponsive, scrolling lists/desktops is smooth, no stutrering.

3rd party dialer apps (ex-dialer) does not suffer this lag?!

It is realy annoying to see such a powerfull phone lags in this basic STOCK apps.