account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Multitask after update 6.0.1 (Marshmallows)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 11 of 36
Message 11 of 36

Re: Z3C - Dialer, SMS, Setings, ... - LAG opening after update from 5.1.1. to MM .575

@daddo

boot in >>> safe mode record a video > upload it to youtube > post the link here

also, clear the call logs and empty the messaging app > restart the phone > check again.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 12 of 36
Message 12 of 36

Re: Multitask after update 6.0.1 (Marshmallows)

Same problem occurred with me. But, still no update to get rid of that multitask issue. They said to reset I did thar too.
Visitor
Message 13 of 36
Message 13 of 36

When I used Lollipop They I use to close the app. And there I was. Where I left it. I really hate this sony memory management stuff. Specially when you use your cellphone for office stuff.
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 36
Message 14 of 36

Me too. Memory management is awfull
Learner
Message 15 of 36
Message 15 of 36

Re: Z3C - Dialer, SMS, Setings, ... - LAG opening after update from 5.1.1. to MM .575

Is there a way I could send link only to you? I don't want to share publicly content from my mobile desktop/mail/etc.

Tnx

Learner
Message 16 of 36
Message 16 of 36

Actualy, I'm now pretty shure my problem is related to a bad memory management in MM@Z3C.

Apps simply beeing killed in background and starting fresh. Hence lag all the time.

But this is nuts becaus I have from 500 to 900MB memory free all the time; why killing apps in background?!

Lollipop never had such problems Slightly frowning Face

Message 17 of 36
Message 17 of 36

Guys....
For everybody who worry's about the multitask !!

I got a software update 4 days ago and now it can run 4 or 5 apps at the same time not like after I updated MM. now it's okay i can go on with it but the lolipop was better i know, it can run 8 to 9 apps but at least after the last update it's okay now !!

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 36
Message 18 of 36

I got an update 4 days ago and now it' okay !
Learner
Message 19 of 36
Message 19 of 36

Nice Slightly smiling Face

What is build number of that version you got updated 4 days ago?

Anyway - this problem manifests as TWO different problems:

1) apps being killed in background and you loose all you were doing when you return to it

2) when app. starts again fresh it LAGs! and that happens a LOT being consequence of problem 1)

Slightly frowning Face

Apprentice
Message 20 of 36
Message 20 of 36

Few problems since the new update

My games are laggy since the new update (thanks)
My battery is dying in 1 day.. Before the update it last for 2-3 days or more add STAMINA MODE
When I open my phone book I will have to wait 5-10 seconds to show me the contacts