account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Multiple contacts under single name

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Multiple contacts under single name

Hi all,

Why do you see some of my contacts like this? When I touch number 2 or 3 see the same number under same name. I do not synch my contacts with my Google account. Some other contacts like this, some have 2, some have only one in my contact list. Does anyone knows why it is like this and how can get rid of this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Screenshot.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Multiple contacts under single name

Hi @Attalia,

This means that this contact is linked with other contacts and merged into on. If you choose to edit the contact, then go to the bottom of the edit screen you should have an option to unlink them. This will separate them into separate contacts.

While it's hard to say exactly why this is in your case it seems like you have duplicates of the same contact. If the phone searches for link candidates amongst your contacts it would then do this to avoid displaying the same contact multiple times.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Attalia,

This means that this contact is linked with other contacts and merged into on. If you choose to edit the contact, then go to the bottom of the edit screen you should have an option to unlink them. This will separate them into separate contacts.

While it's hard to say exactly why this is in your case it seems like you have duplicates of the same contact. If the phone searches for link candidates amongst your contacts it would then do this to avoid displaying the same contact multiple times.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Christopher.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Happy to help! Slightly smiling Face