account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Moving apps from SD card to internal memory

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Moving apps from SD card to internal memory

Hi there,

I know how to move apps from the phone's internal memory to the SD card, however I'd like to do this the other way around. I've just bought a new Xperia X to replace my faulty Z3 Compact, however I'd like to remove the memory card from my Z3C, keeping the apps on the phone so I can use this as a backup without all my apps from breaking.

I know I can go into each app and move them manually, however is there a way to do this in bulk?

Thanks in advance :-)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving apps from SD card to internal memory

Hi @moonklash, congratulations on your new Xperia X! Slightly smiling Face

I'm afraid that there is no option to move all the applications stored on your SD card back to the internal storage with just 1 tap, you will need to do it manually for each application.

I can see how this could be a very useful option to have, so I will make sure to forward your suggestion internally as user feedback! Slightly smiling Face

I hope that answers your question and let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with and I hope that you will be pleased with your new Xperia X! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @moonklash, congratulations on your new Xperia X! Slightly smiling Face

I'm afraid that there is no option to move all the applications stored on your SD card back to the internal storage with just 1 tap, you will need to do it manually for each application.

I can see how this could be a very useful option to have, so I will make sure to forward your suggestion internally as user feedback! Slightly smiling Face

I hope that answers your question and let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with and I hope that you will be pleased with your new Xperia X! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

How do I move one app from sd card to internal mobile memory 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @deadlymot, welcome to our forum!

To move an application from the SD card to the internal storage, go to Setting > Apps > tap on the name of the application > Storage > Tap CHANGE > choose internal storage > move.

Basically it's the same as when moving them to an SD card, you just change the source from SD card to internal storage instead! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if that helps!