account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Missing Media Storage application

VLS
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Missing Media Storage application

Hello,

pleas can you help? After restoring of phone after repairing of screens and changing of SD card I have a problem that "Album" application does not show any pictures or vides if I run it directly. If I run it from Total Commander then the picture is shown.

I tried delete the application and resinstall it from Android Play with the newest version but does not help.

Also I try to find the "Media Storage" application but I cannot find it. I know that I have to show the system apps but still I do not see it. Even the application is not shown in the turned off apps.

I thing this can be problem that the Album does not show any pictures. Can you help me how to reinstall Media Storage application?

Best Regards

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Missing Media Storage application

@VLS 

what if you go to 

settings > apps > all > album > storage > clear data > restart the phone > open the album app 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

VLS
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I have already done it. No help. 

I tried also do a photo by camera and save picture to internal storage and ten see it in album. An them do a picture and save it in external sd card and see it in album. No help. 

The real problem is that there is no Media Storage application. In other comments this is what create the thumbnails and search for media.  But this application does not there. Does anybody know how to recreate or reinstall it?

Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@VLS 

Have you rooted the phone? or flash a custom ROM? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

VLS
Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

actually I have rooted my phone, then it was broken and changed the display. In the time of fixing the phone was resetted so lost the rooting.

After that the phone was again broken the display and now.

But now it should be cleared not rooted and thumbnails is not recreated.

VLS
Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

So the mobile is broken now so I cannot solve this anymore :-).

I have to close this question without solution.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Vérifier la date si elle est à jour 

Check the date if it is up to date

gt