account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Miracast screen mirroring - video on TV freezes at regular intervals

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Miracast screen mirroring - video on TV freezes at regular intervals

Hi,

I have a strange problem when mirroring the screen of my new Sony Xperia Z3 Compact on a Netgear PTV3000.

The phone connects without any problems to the PTV3000 but than regular screen freezes start to appear (sometimes immediately after connecting, sometimes it´s ok for few minutes and then these freezes suddenly start to occur). No matter whether I play a video or just browse photos. The mirrored screen on the TV freezes at regular intervals - every 3-4 seconds the screen freezes for about 2 seconds. These freezes appear only on the TV not on the screen of the phone.

The strange thing is that these freezes don´t appear when mirroring the screen of my laptop or of my older Xperia Z1 Compact using the same Netgear PTV3000. This problem only occurs on the new Z3 Compact. I already tried to hard reset the phone, but it didn´t help. I also tried to change the channel and bandwith on my Asus router, but this also din´t solve the problem (I didn´t expect that it would help as the older Z1C and laptop can mirror the screen on the same network without any problems, but anyway I tried). Did somebody else face this problem when mirroring the screen of the Xperia Z3 Compact, is there any solution? The phone is running on Android Lollipop 5.0.2, currently there is no update available for my phone. Is there a chance that an update will fix it?

Update 30th July:

I received a message from Netgear support. They have connected an Xperia Z3 Comapct to their PTV3000 and they also have the same issue with this phone. I would like to know whether the Z3C has the same problem with other Miracast adapters?

1 REPLY 1
One time poster
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Miracast screen mirroring - video on TV freezes at regular intervals

I'm having a similar problem with an Xperia XA2. Every 15 minutes the video on the TV freezes while the phone video continues. I need to restart the miracast session, which means stopping my video application. The feature is virtually useless.

tom