account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Mic problem returned after update 6.0.1

SOLVED
Learner
Message 221 of 233
Message 221 of 233

Re: Mic problem returned after update 6.0.1

I'm shocked !!! We have two fully working phone Z3 Compact and ZR, but after the update is now my wife and I walk with headphones like idiots all the time, or use the speakerphone. Sony, you generally aware of the problem ??? When the solution ???

One time poster
Message 222 of 233
Message 222 of 233

In my 6.0.1 android version I have the noise suppression option. If I switch it on the others that I call cannot hear a thing. If I switch it off than for 2 or 3 sec max I hear a drowned voice and then the same. A very blurry voice. I hope that a real fix will come very soon. I was excited first about this phone but this is a very serios issue that makes everything else null. Btw. when we say issue solved we need to know a step by step procedure how to fix pls!

One time poster
Message 223 of 233
Message 223 of 233

when sony will solve this issue, i really hope sony will give some solution. still now sony will concentrate to give software update to new model (highend phones). friends not only the z2,z3, c models. recently my friend mobile got lolipop update in xperia z ultra, after that they got the same problem. Really sony failed the sofware developing side. if it is not true means then y do u still sending the sofware update notification. people are updating the phones, they expecting something new, day to day smartphone having some great things. But still sony does not solve this simple issues. everyone please notedown, our phone is good, durability compare to other phones, Mic also working nice in video and voice recorder. but the software turns to makes this issues. i think sony got blind in some few month to read our post. we have a rights to ask to solve this issue. we don't need to go sevice center, they know the problem. but still they react like this is the first time they seen tis type of problem now itself.

Visitor
Message 224 of 233
Message 224 of 233

Hi!

"Hi @BorisAro, I'm sorry to hear this.

Another user in this topic tried disabling the noise reduction for the microphone in Settings > Call and said that helped. Is this something that you have tried doing as well? "

My device is a Sony Xperia Z2, purchased summer 2015, Android 6.0.1

Settings > Call > Microphone noise suppression : OFF

Seems to be working, let's see what happens.

Thank You Christofer!

Cheers Rhino

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Xperia-Z2-microphone-not-working-in-call/td-p/1108042/page/...

Rookie
Message 225 of 233
Message 225 of 233

I do have the same microphone problem with a newly bought Z5 Compact. It's 6.0.1, too. Are the any solutions?

New boot didn't solve the problem. I can not do a telephone call, because nobody hear me on the phone. Audio recording failed, too.
Adept
Message 226 of 233
Message 226 of 233

I hardly believe anyone left on earth still buying sony phones. Are you sure it is sony?

Apprentice
Message 227 of 233
Message 227 of 233

The problem is present in the latest and possibly last firmware on an Z3 Compact. To be able to use the phone as a phone I must turn noise supression off. The Speakerphone is producing crappy sound no matter the setting. Does anyone have any solution to have noise and NOT VOICE supression? Is anyone from Sony actually reading the forum or care about their customers - the few still left I mean.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 228 of 233
Message 228 of 233

@Physician Isn't there a Nougat update for the Z5 Compact? Maybe this fixes the problem?

Visitor
Message 229 of 233
Message 229 of 233

same here, when I record my voice, it muffled and coming behind, hardly audible. there is a disturbing voice like bzzzz

Apprentice
Message 230 of 233
Message 230 of 233

What I discovered on my Z3C is that if you don't have perfect sound when recording, then you most probably have some dust on one of the microphones. I cleaned my top one and now both audio recorder and camera are recording splendidly. That did nothing for the in call audio quality. I fixed that by turning off the noise supression option. Now everyone hears me well except on speakerphone, where people are complaining they can hear themselves.