account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Mic problem returned after update 6.0.1

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 233
Message 1 of 233

Mic problem returned after update 6.0.1

I had problem with mic - people couldn't hear me, because my voice was very quiet. Then I switched off mic noise suppression and everything was fine. Until update to 6.0.1. Now I have the same problem. And I can't switch off mic noise suppression, because this option is simply missed.

Any ideas how to fix this now? Or I should downgrade to previous android version?

UPD: may,19. Sony market topic as solved. But it isn't really solved at the moment. They will roll out an update in "upcoming weeks". And because we still have the same problem, I unmarked topic as solved. As soon as we will have the noise suppression option back and this will really help us - then I will return the solved mark. 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Mic-problem-returned-after-update-6-0-1/m-p/1126001#...

UPD 2: In. 575 version the noise suppression function is back. People can hear me again. Thanks, Sony 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 175 of 233
Message 175 of 233

Re: Mic problem returned after update 6.0.1

.575 update has the option for mic noise suppression back. Availability of the update will differ by market, country and operator.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

232 REPLIES 232
One time poster
Message 2 of 233
Message 2 of 233

A lot of people have this problem. I read many forums. I have not found a solution to this problem. I hope that they will return the function of noise suppression in the next update.

One time poster
Message 3 of 233
Message 3 of 233

+1, the same problem. 

Can anyone help me???

One time poster
Message 4 of 233
Message 4 of 233

+1. Heeeeelp

One time poster
Message 5 of 233
Message 5 of 233

+1, the same problem. Hope fixing will be fast. It upsets you Sony. My phone is useless now...

One time poster
Message 6 of 233
Message 6 of 233

i have same problem too ... after update marshmalow 6.0.1 ... i send my phone to local service area in iran and  he told me i must wait for next big number update .... 

when i use handsfree or car blutooth its ok but when i use phone directly my freinds told me that  your voice is too weak ... 

i dont know couse of my problem software (androyd ) or hardware (mike part )

plz guide me ... 

thanks...

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 233
Message 7 of 233

Temporary solution: cover up upper microphone.

This is Marshmallow "problem", hopefully either Google or SONY will implement something.

If rooted then: http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/help/noise-reduction-cancellation-t2515657 

Regular
Message 8 of 233
Message 8 of 233

Zyxxyz, thanks for the info. I think we have better chances that it would be fixed someday, considering that it is marshmallow problem.

Can't check your temporary solution though - I rolled back to lollipop.
One time poster
Message 9 of 233
Message 9 of 233

Hi SnusMumr,

i have the same microphone problem. How did you rolled back to lollipop?

Thank you!!

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 233
Message 10 of 233

Here we can help you only using official guidelines.

However, if you search "Z3 COMPACT FLASHTOOL TFT XDA" you will get information about unofficial ways.