account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Marshmallow update not working

Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Marshmallow update not working

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me. My father bought a Z3 compact with the information he would be able to update to Marshmallow. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work. We've entered the IMEI number on Sony's website, which states that it should be possible. However, neither the method via settings nor the companion application for Windows shows the option to update.

Anyone an idea why that is the case?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Marshmallow update not working

@AureusPhoenix

Did he bought the phone new or used? was it network branded/SIM locked?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Marshmallow update not working

Hi.

the phone is new (from ebay, though), not SIM-locked or anything else. it even is even stated on the product page that it is possible to upgrade.