account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lock screen clock

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Lock screen clock

You will still have a Walkman control on the lock screen but in the form of a notification with buttons. This also works for other apps that supports it like Spotify.

If you don't see this, do you perhaps have an ActiveSync account in your phone that enforces a PIN or password?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

@dannyboy36 wrote:
I find it ridiculous that I can't seem to have my Walkman controls on the lock screen but I can have a giant clock that now sits almost center of the screen. This update is stupid

I agree. I need to have a PIN otherwise ActiveSync doesn't work and even Google Play Music just shows a picture on the lock screen but there is no way to control the music, not even to stop it quickly, which is something I use to do all the time while playing music at work..... Slightly frowning Face

I wonder who thought that having a PIN should result in not being able to do anything at all from the lock screen. This will result in fewer people using PIN and other protections because they make the phone harder to use.....

Learner
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

This update needs an update to put some of the old features back. Also while on the subject how come in the camera album I can't create my own folder to put certain pictures in. I want to create a folder of pictures of my little girl but it's not possible. Come on Sony please sort it out
One time poster
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

I had the same issue when I updated to 5.02

I just found that if you go to security and change your patron or pin number, after confirming the new one, the phone asks you how you want the notifications to show on the lock screen.

If you chose show all notifications then the kind of widget for the music will appear below the phone, also will apear avery other thing that has anabled notifications on you phone, but at least is a way to semi fix the issue.

One time poster
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

the new lockscreen clock is too hard to read.
I didn't like the new displays from the new update at first but some of them are growing on me but there should be an option to choose between the new displays and the old ones
Adept
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

>>"You will still have a Walkman control on the lock screen but in the form of a notification with buttons."<<

Where should I be looking for these notifications with buttons?  When Walkman is playing a song and I double-tap the screen to bring up the screen to be swiped, I see album art, but no Walkman controls of any type:

z3c-lock-screen.jpg

Ditto for after I swipe up to get the keypad to enter my sign-in number -- no Walkman controls.

Obviously either I'm misunderstanding, or doing something wrong.  Can you explain what?

PS:  Please forgive my taste in music!  Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

One time poster
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

I sooo agree! So horrible this new version, i dont like anything there. I dont want any clock in my lock screen!
One time poster
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

Hey wpcoe; While music is play drag the clock on the lockscreen downwards and you'll get the Music controls.

One time poster
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

You can change the clock layout by long press on the clock area while phone is in the locked screen mode.
Then you get 3 choices:
1) Sony clock
2) Digital clock
3) Analogue clock.

I've chosen digital clock and the clock layout is beautiful again.

My OS is Android v. 5
One time poster
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

Any chance of getting without the lock screen clock?

I now have to swipe twice, once to move the clock and second to swipe the unlock code. Very unpractical.