account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Lock screen clock

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Lock screen clock

The lock screen digital clock has so thin minutes, that it is hardly readable. Anyway to change this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Lock screen clock

It is possible to download other clocks for the lock screen. First enable lock screen widgets under Settings -> Security and then search google play for lock screen clock to find other apps. When installed, swipe the clock on the lock screen to the right and then tap +. You can then remove the standard clock from the lock screen by tapping and holding it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

It is possible to download other clocks for the lock screen. First enable lock screen widgets under Settings -> Security and then search google play for lock screen clock to find other apps. When installed, swipe the clock on the lock screen to the right and then tap +. You can then remove the standard clock from the lock screen by tapping and holding it.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

It did the trick, anyway I would prefer an original Sony solution, so maybe you can escalate this feedback to your development team, that they can rethink the design of the clock, or any way to make it customizable.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

I installed "DashCLock WIdget" and the lock screen clock didn't change, even after a restart.  Then I read in comments that it only works if you don't password protect your phone.  Is that correct?  Sounds odd that folks would have unsecured phones just to improve (or correct, IMHO) the default clock.

Rookie
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

On my Z3 Compact I cannot find anything to enable lock screen widgets under Settings -> Security. Not even in greytone. I am on Android version 5.0.2.

Previously I had a nice clock ("Sony clock 2"), useful widgets on my lockscreen and an easy access to switch on/off energy consuming features (WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS etc.). But recently when I had my screen repaired (by Sony) it was reset and now I cannot setup my phone the way it was before. There is no "+" if I move the lock screen clock left or right; only the "Digital clock" and two other not so goodlooking clocks ("Sony clock" and "Analogue clock")

And speaking of clocks... In my "Alarm & clock" the clock is now so huge that I can only see 2½ of my alarms. And the clocks in all four panes are analogue clocks. I am not amused...

Regards.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

In Android 5.0 i'm afraid you don't have lock screen widgets anymore. You have a few different clocks to chose from under Settings -> Personalisation -> Clocks though.

Learner
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

The android update 5.0 seems to be a step backwards to me!!!
One time poster
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

I really would have made an effort to stop the update installing if I'd realised the lock screen was now restricted to the three rather dull clocks and ugly notifications Sony provide. I had a far better interface with Dashclock and Runkeeper's lock screen dialog was vastly better.

I agree with the last poster: this is not an improvement. Bring back lock screen widgets.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Thanks for the feedback. This is however according to the specification and how Google has defined it.

Learner
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

I find it ridiculous that I can't seem to have my Walkman controls on the lock screen but I can have a giant clock that now sits almost center of the screen. This update is stupid