account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Is Z3C package sealed?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Is Z3C package sealed?

Hi there!

I bought my z3c from a popular ebay seller, their listing says it's a brand new unopened item, but when I received it yesterday the box is unsealed, looks to me like an open box item. I emailed them and their customer service told me all z3c boxes are not sealed, even if I buy it from sony directly, is this true? I'm a first time sony phone buyer so I don't know if it's common to sony phones, seems weird though if it's true.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is Z3C package sealed?

I don't have the Z3 but other Xperia Z1 and Z2 and even the S were not sealed. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adept
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I've bought an Xperia T3 in Italy from a premium on line reseller and the inner Sony package was not sealed ...

Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Alright, thank you guys for the answer, I've told the seller I'll keep this phone, although I don't understand why sony decided to not seal their packages, it just feels so cheap...

Emperor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Also, items in the box vary per region/country and even carrier/network. 

Adept
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@uliwooly wrote:

Actually - depending on the country - and the version - they are sealed with WHITE pressure tabs along the top and bottom flaps of the box. (Yes - I own both a Z1C and a Z3C (and a ZL for good measure Winking Face ) - and since this is the Z3C Forum, I'll reply in that regard).

As well - if you purchase from an overseas vendor, many times they will "open the box" to include a plug adaptor compatible with the country of destination. For example, I purchased my Z3C from a vendor in HK a few weeks ago - and like you - advertised as "new and unopened". However, it was opened so that I could recharge the phone with the included adaptor for the US (blade adaptor for the sprokets).

So - yes - it probably is "as advertised".

Hope this helps,

- John