account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

How to remove a google account

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: How to remove a google account

Hi @Rediver, welcome to our forum!

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find where you remove the Google account. It can be a bit different depending on Android version, for example in Android 8 it's under Settings > Users &accounts > tap the Google account > remove account. But in some versions you'll have to tap the three dots > Remove account.

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

I did a system reset and now it keeps requesting my google email and password and when I input it says password has been changed and to wait for 24 hours... nothing has been changed and I go back 24 hours later and same thing comes up

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Hi @Kiwiwtn, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Which device do you have? The Xperia Z3 Compact does not feature the Google Device Protection that gets activated after you perform a reset on the device.

Make sure that you are logging in with the same Google account as you had in the device prior to the reset.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Did you get past this as I am having same issue

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Hi @shell211087,

Which device do you have? This post is in the Xperia Z3 Compact board of our forum and there is no such feature in that device, so I think that you may have one of our newer devices, is that correct?

Thank you.

Learner
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

Ah, sorry I have a xa1. Nothing I do will allow my phone to unlock .just won't accept the account. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Hi again @shell211087 and thank you for the device information! Slightly smiling Face

Make sure that you are using the same Google account that was previously added in the device, prior to the reset. If you have changed the password for the account, you will need to wait 24 hours before you are able to use the new password to verify yourself.

If you still aren't able to get passed the verification screen, get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further!

Let me know how it goes!