account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

How to put a WIFI-connect button directly on the home screen ?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

How to put a WIFI-connect button directly on the home screen ?

Hi all,

I know there is a wifi-connect button within the notification panel, but I have to light my screen, open the panel, then click on the 'quick settings" button, then click on the wifi connect button... 4 actions to connect myself within my own wifi network !

(please note I don't want the auto-connect setting because I don't want to be connected each time)

I would like to have just one 'wifi-connect' button on my screen which let me connect just clicking on it.
I don't find any widget nor application within my phone to do this.

Do you know how to do ?

Thanks a lot,
Guy

inventer : trouver, concevoir, imaginer, avoir l’idée de quelque chose de nouveau, une machine, un procédé, une technique, un système ; créer, découvrir...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: How to put a WIFI-connect button directly on the home screen ?

Hi,

The best thing would be to follow downloading any third party app), would be to add a shortcut to Settings > Wi-Fi. This can be if you long press at an empty space on your home screen > Choose Apps > Shortcuts > Settings > Wi-Fi.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Genius
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi, probably the best way to do this is to configure a 3rd Party app from the Play Store......:smileysmileywink:

Regular
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks dandy63 but... Have you any idea of what Android app could do this ?

inventer : trouver, concevoir, imaginer, avoir l’idée de quelque chose de nouveau, une machine, un procédé, une technique, un système ; créer, découvrir...
Genius
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi, just had a quick glance & there is one called WiFi Manager that allows you an onscreen app & various settings, best to have a good look thru them as there does seem a few & read up if they are suitable for your needs :smileysmileywink:

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

The best thing would be to follow downloading any third party app), would be to add a shortcut to Settings > Wi-Fi. This can be if you long press at an empty space on your home screen > Choose Apps > Shortcuts > Settings > Wi-Fi.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Thanks to dandy63 and thanks Hampus,

Even if I'm sure dandy63's solution is a good one, I personally prefer the standard one, as shown by Hampus.

Thanks a lot both for your quick and efficient help !

Cordially,
Guy

Genius
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I totally agree, the solution from Hampus is much more 'neater' & you dont have to download an app.......i bow to his expertise Nauseated Face