account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Hard-locked z3 compact

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Hard-locked z3 compact

hey guys,

ive recently bought the phone from vodafone ireland which means i am network-locked to them. unfortunately i may have hard-locked my phone as i have entered the wrong netowrk unlock code more than 5 times and the simlock counter is showing the number 0 next to network when checking the simlock status.

so is there anyway i can reset the simlock counter so that the correct unlock code can be put in to unlock it?

if you have any ideas/suggestion to help i would really appreciate it, many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Hard-locked z3 compact

Hi xerophyll,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

With the information provided, unfortunately the handset would need to be sent through to a service agent, as they will need to remove the lock from the device.

Please contact  Sony Mobile within your region.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi xerophyll,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

With the information provided, unfortunately the handset would need to be sent through to a service agent, as they will need to remove the lock from the device.

Please contact  Sony Mobile within your region.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

thank you Jake for the recommendation! i have got in contact with xperia support services by chatting yesterday and now the phone is currently en route to be repaired. will update this thread further once they received it.

cheers.

Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Timeline:

1. Got in contact with Xperia Support Team on Thursday 30th Oct 2014 through online chat system, they were really kind and helpful esp in guiding me on what to be done. Kudos for such a great customer service!

after that I sent off the phone in the afternoon.

2. Phone was received at SBE Ireland in Dublin (i live in ireland) on Friday 31st Oct 2014

3. Sent an email to SBE  to ask about the status/progress on my phone on Tuesday 4th nov 2014. Got a prompt reply explaining that my phone is currently being looked after by the technician, I then asked the job reference number so that  I could  follow the repair  progress through "track your repair" tool on their website, which was well-updated from time to time.

4. Phone was repaired and dispatched back to me on Thursday 6th Nov 2014, arrived to me the next morning. Was so happy to know problem has been fixed and they even upgraded my firmware/build! happy times! Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

so in all, it just took sony and sbe ire roughly 6 working days from contacting them, sending it away, repair to getting my phone back up and running!

Pros - customer support services were very very fast, efficient and helpful - by both sony and sbe ireland. no hassle at all!

Cons - sbe ireland could help by giving a quick email to inform  their customers on the progress of job being done but maybe thats just me as others might just wanted a peace of mind :smileysmileywink:

thank you again sony & sbe ireland! well done!

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi, I have the same issue and would be grateful if you could let me know how much they charged you for the repair. Regards Gary

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Can anybody answer this ?

Sony are unable/unwilling to state the cost. They simply say it depends on 'the region' and they do not have price lists. But it's impossible to contact the actual 'service engineers' !

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

xerophyllany chance of you letting the rest of us know how much we can expect to be charged for a reset by Sony ? As they refuse to give a quote. Smiling Face