account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Google Services draining my battery.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Google Services draining my battery.

Google Services and Google Photos have been draining my battery and causing it to heat up, again. This has been an ongoing problem that happens every now and then. I'm here seeking advice and solutions so it would be great if someone who help me with this.

If all else fails, I might do a software repair or factory reset, but I try to reserve that as a last resort because I know all data will be erased. 

I have some screenshots of the battery management and will be willing to post them if needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Google Services draining my battery.

Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Services -> Storage -> Manage Space -> Clear All Data

Restart the phone (Shut down, Power On).

NB! You need to login to Google again.

2 REPLIES 2
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Services -> Storage -> Manage Space -> Clear All Data

Restart the phone (Shut down, Power On).

NB! You need to login to Google again.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Seems like your suggestion worked, for now. I'll update if this problem occurs again.