account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Inhabitant
Message 131 of 173
Message 131 of 173

Re: Feeback: Lollipop on Z3 Compact

So all this scaremongering has kinda put me off updating to Lollipop.

Now it's settled down, does anyone have anything positive to say about the update?

I'm not worried about notifications, whatsapp, or the camera stuff. 

I am concerned about mobile data connectivity, call quality and battery life.

Inhabitant
Message 132 of 173
Message 132 of 173

The only advantage of the 5.0.2 update is better color noise cancellation in camera software.

Adept
Message 133 of 173
Message 133 of 173

If you are happy on KitKat then I would wait until Sony release a later version. I had loads of issues when updating from Kitkat to Lollipop 5.0.2. So much so that I did a complete wipe, repair reinstall of 5.0.2 and then manual restore instead of using an old backup. It seems to have done the trick for now as the phone has been much more stable today. Still takes ages to reboot but I have phone encrypted and pattern lock, which Sony are aware causes major boot up delays. I would say if you must go to 5.0.2 then definitely go for a complete rebuild using the sony pc software rather than a simple on the fly upgrade.

Commissioner
Message 134 of 173
Message 134 of 173

i rolled back to 4.4.4 and i will wait until my carrier telstra finish their testing. The 4.4.4 feels more solid. maybe the idea of referring to a design pushed by one (material design), compared to a design you trully embrace, is resulting in a half bake outcome.

Adept
Message 135 of 173
Message 135 of 173

Re: Feeback: Lollipop on Z3 / Z3 Compact

Can I ask how you managed that? I've rebuilt my phone with 5.0.2 and although it is a lot more stable than when I simply upgraded from 4.4.4, Wi-Fi bugs still exist. No idea when Google or Sony will be able to fix this.
Commissioner
Message 136 of 173
Message 136 of 173

Re: Feeback: Lollipop on Z3 / Z3 Compact

the roll back? i flashed my original firmware. now sony mobile doesn't show the FILE_* files anymore, so i don't know how you can create self firmware anymore.

Learner
Message 137 of 173
Message 137 of 173

Latest Systems Upgrade is a nightmare !!!!

I have just installed the latest system upgrade, which I can only assume was the 5.02 software.  I'm not a technical person.  The phone is a Z3 compact.

My phone which is predominantly used for work has gone from working perfectly to being unusable!  

The system upgrade was about a 750 MB file.

Is there anyway to reload the previous phone software?

Here has been my experience within the first few hours of installation.  Please note that I have never had any problems with this phone in the past year since I got it.

* it didn't save my wifi PWs during the installation.
* Every single application I load up has a lag to it, which was never there before.

* Most significantly, the email application is completely bugged out: 
* Not even half of the time can an email to be read. The body of the email section just remains blank, even though I can see body preview in the inbox.  In some instances if I try forward the email, then the text is there, but even if I go back to read the email, the text is gone again.
* Every single time I navigate between an individual email and the inbox there is a huge lag, to the degree that I can take a screenshot of the wait timer spinning orange circle thing that indicates it is processing.
* Sometimes I cannot get the folders directory to come up. I select the folders section and it is just blank.
* Emails are not sending at all!
* I have restarted the phone several times, the Internet connection works perfectly it is not the issue.
* Emails are sometimes not getting deleted.

* I have 2 email accounts setup.  From Combined View, if I select an individual account, it only ever says "Combined View" even though it has filtered the emails to only one of the accounts.  There does not appear to be a nornal way of getting the folders list up either, as it used to just be there once selected an individual account.

* When the screen is off, and I hit the power button to wake the screen up, the speaker makes a small popping noise / click.  It happens about 50% of the time.  Sometimes it is visa versa, when the phone is on and I touch the power button to turn the screen off.

* In the 12 months I have had this phone, it never crashed once ever! With this new system upgrade it crashed within the first few minutes after installation. I have never had any email problems like this before this upgrade either.  The phone was working absolutely perfectly just a few hours ago.  Since the upgrade everything is terrible.

Also, what is with the stupid new "Users" icon on the top of the menu bar. I am the only person that uses this phone. I don't want a Guest user available. Why cannot the Guest User be deleted? Why cannot the icon be deleted?

Please advise on how I can get the previous system running on the phone. I dont know who is responsible for this upgrade, Sony or Android, but it is utterly infuriating.  This system upgrade has made my phone as a work tool completely unreliable and completely useless.

I would appreciate a response asap, as this phone is my work tool, and this failed systems upgrade is causing massive problems for me.

Adept
Message 138 of 173
Message 138 of 173

track id

Track id doesn't work after lollipop update. Is there a solution you may help to me? Thanks
Adept
Message 139 of 173
Message 139 of 173

Re: Latest Systems Upgrade is a nightmare !!!!

@matbar wrote:

I have just installed the latest system upgrade, which I can only assume was the 5.02 software.  I'm not a technical person.  The phone is a Z3 compact.

My phone which is predominantly used for work has gone from working perfectly to being unusable!  

The system upgrade was about a 750 MB file.

Is there anyway to reload the previous phone software?

Here has been my experience within the first few hours of installation.  Please note that I have never had any problems with this phone in the past year since I got it.

* it didn't save my wifi PWs during the installation.
* Every single application I load up has a lag to it, which was never there before.

* Most significantly, the email application is completely bugged out: 
* Not even half of the time can an email to be read. The body of the email section just remains blank, even though I can see body preview in the inbox.  In some instances if I try forward the email, then the text is there, but even if I go back to read the email, the text is gone again.
* Every single time I navigate between an individual email and the inbox there is a huge lag, to the degree that I can take a screenshot of the wait timer spinning orange circle thing that indicates it is processing.
* Sometimes I cannot get the folders directory to come up. I select the folders section and it is just blank.
* Emails are not sending at all!
* I have restarted the phone several times, the Internet connection works perfectly it is not the issue.
* Emails are sometimes not getting deleted.

* I have 2 email accounts setup.  From Combined View, if I select an individual account, it only ever says "Combined View" even though it has filtered the emails to only one of the accounts.  There does not appear to be a nornal way of getting the folders list up either, as it used to just be there once selected an individual account.

* When the screen is off, and I hit the power button to wake the screen up, the speaker makes a small popping noise / click.  It happens about 50% of the time.  Sometimes it is visa versa, when the phone is on and I touch the power button to turn the screen off.

* In the 12 months I have had this phone, it never crashed once ever! With this new system upgrade it crashed within the first few minutes after installation. I have never had any email problems like this before this upgrade either.  The phone was working absolutely perfectly just a few hours ago.  Since the upgrade everything is terrible.

Also, what is with the stupid new "Users" icon on the top of the menu bar. I am the only person that uses this phone. I don't want a Guest user available. Why cannot the Guest User be deleted? Why cannot the icon be deleted?

Please advise on how I can get the previous system running on the phone. I dont know who is responsible for this upgrade, Sony or Android, but it is utterly infuriating.  This system upgrade has made my phone as a work tool completely unreliable and completely useless.

I would appreciate a response asap, as this phone is my work tool, and this failed systems upgrade is causing massive problems for me.

Sorry but  you can't back to kitekat 4.4.4 with official Sony tool...me too. No one word from Sony about a lots of bugs reported by consumers. We must make a petition for choise back to kitekt with official DOWNGRADE!

Apprentice
Message 140 of 173
Message 140 of 173

lollipop 5.0.2 issues

really hope that Sony is going to push out 5.1.1 real soon!

ever since i upgraded from KitKat 4.4.4. my phone is having the following issues:

(1) phone get's extremely hot while doing basic surfing. and when I SAY HOT i mean so hot that I can't even touch the back of the phone. and that's within a few minutes of just browsing chrome ( no gaming ).

(2) battery life went from solid 2 days on KitKat to barely 1 day on lollipop. this is with same setup that I had on KK...no new apps or whatnot. when phone is idle then it's fine but as soon as i wake it up to check something i can see a decrease of 10% within first half hour. this was never the case with KK.

(3) lollipop is eating my ram like crazy! phone becomes very sluggish when opening multiple tabs or multitasking. 

already tried to fix with PCC but no Joy.
I really love this phone for it's form factor and it looks way cute. however if Sony continues to ignore it's customers and give us a functioning experience  then it's back to the iphone for me. or atleast give us the option to downgrade back to 4.4.4! 

end of rant!