account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

FM Radio, unable to tune radio channel

SOLVED
Learner
Message 11 of 34
Message 11 of 34

Re: Z3C FM Radio not working

thanks Grinning Face

One time poster
Message 12 of 34
Message 12 of 34

Great solution Pitit. Thanks!
Adept
Message 13 of 34
Message 13 of 34

Radio app with inserted handsfree and screen on not working
It works only when the screen gets off

this seems bugy

Apprentice
Message 14 of 34
Message 14 of 34

Hah! I also have this very same issue. Very strange!

I have Google Now "Ok Google" voice activated on all screens and tried disabling this feature while radio app was running in the background. FM Radio started producing sound directly!

Sony; Should this really be the way it works?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Activate Google Now and Ok Google voice activation. Also active from all screens options.

2. Attach headset and start FM Radio. Scanning is fine, no sound.

3. Turn off screen, sound should start.

4. Turn on screen, sound disappears. Unlock phone and go to Google settings.

5. Go to Google Now, disable Ok Google voice activation from all screens. Radio sound starts!

Forum Legend
Message 15 of 34
Message 15 of 34

It's not a bug regarding Google Now and that it's not working and/or no sound when using the FM Radio. It's a normal behavior of your Xperia device, since the Google Now application uses the microphone to recognize voice commands. In this case, your Xperia device stops all sounds in order to get the best quality for voice recognition.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 16 of 34
Message 16 of 34

My radio works but really struggles to get a clear signal. I have tried the supplied headphones and aftermarkt ones but nothing makes a difference. Signal in my area is good. My last phone was fine. I just get an awful lot of static with the occasional drift in of station. I am not using google now so its not that. Is there a known problem?

One time poster
Message 17 of 34
Message 17 of 34

Hampus,

First you say everything works for you, and now you're saying the Google Now and FM Radio interference is not a bug.

It's cool that you're an official support staff and everything, and it's good that your trying to protect Sony Mobile's image, but if you put yourself in the customer's shoes, and for all the people that dropped a lot of money on a flagship phone, this is how this subject pans out.

Everytime I plug in headphones and turn on the radio, I have to go to Google Now, go into the settings, and deactivate Google Now from All Screens just to listen to the radio. When I'm done listen to the radio, I unplug my headphones, go to Google Now, and reactivate Google Now from All Screens.

With all the apps and SmartConnect (*big hint* *wink* *wink*) that can change settings on the fly depending on user inputs, I am very confident that Sony Mobile can find a work around to make everyone's lives easier and more convenient.

I think customer satisfaction and usability should be very important in this competitive market.

Been with Sony since the Walkman phones and Sony Ericssons, hope to hear some good news or see awesome updates in the future.

ndg
Learner
Message 18 of 34
Message 18 of 34

Super your
It worked to me

Thank you thank you @):-
Message 19 of 34
Message 19 of 34

Hey guys, where abouts on the settings menu is OK GOOGLE, i cnt find it, ive gone through the three dot menu and the settings menu at the bottom of the page and had no luck so far, only had this phone a wrek and still figuring it out please can anyone help thanks
Message 20 of 34
Message 20 of 34

Xperia Z3 :- I think ive found where to turn it off on the bit that says show cards and turned that off but my radio still hasnt come on, it just shows the spinning circle continuously, ive completely close the app several times n no luk can anyone help thanks