account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Radio, unable to tune radio channel

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 34
Message 1 of 34

FM Radio, unable to tune radio channel

I can't tune a single channel with the FM Radio app, no matter what  headset I try (all of which worked fine with the Z1C). Changing region, resetting app data, full factory reset, repair via PC Companion = no change.

Anyone else having problems, or do I have a dud? I'm dreading it's the same problem as this one reported by Z1C users and that I can expect the same terrible repair service as described by them:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/FM-Radio-died/td-p/590479

Please Sony tell me no (and why oh why didn't I just order from Amazon).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 34
Message 2 of 34

Re: Z3C FM Radio not working

Hi,

I've just tried it and it works fine for me. If you have tried all these things that you mention, I suggest that you contact your retailer and/or local support team for further information about how to proceed with this in the best possible way:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

33 REPLIES
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 34
Message 2 of 34

Hi,

I've just tried it and it works fine for me. If you have tried all these things that you mention, I suggest that you contact your retailer and/or local support team for further information about how to proceed with this in the best possible way:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 34
Message 3 of 34

Thanks for the reply, I tried it with a new unit and it works just fine with that one, so the original will be going back.

Visitor
Message 4 of 34
Message 4 of 34

Hello yeah i just bought Z3C for a week. and now my FM radio CANNOT WORK! its work great yesterday and now its stop functioning. OMG this is so frustrating.

Visitor
Message 5 of 34
Message 5 of 34

OK i Got a Solution The reason why  this happend is because i activate "OK GOOGLE"  function. now after i deactivate this function surpisingly my FM Radio WORK WELL... i hope SONY will get this fix ASAP .. and one more. if i activate OK GOOGLE .. one notification "Recording in progress in another app. Cannot record" suddenly appear when i open camera... yeah this is very frustrating...

One time poster
Message 6 of 34
Message 6 of 34

I also tried all the Software-Mojo. Nothing seemed to work.

Then I just went out to try if it works outdoor. It did work, but very very bad. Had to fling around the cable of my earphones just to get a notion of a FM Station I could receive perfectly cleear indoors with the same earphones but my old Samsung Galaxy Ace2 or my even older MP3 Player SanDisk Sansa Clip...

Google Now was never activated...

Rookie
Message 7 of 34
Message 7 of 34

I have same problems in radio
One time poster
Message 8 of 34
Message 8 of 34

Yesss, this solved the problem for me. Go to Google Settings and change "Ok, Google" activation in any screen!
Thank you Pitit!
Rookie
Message 9 of 34
Message 9 of 34

You sir are a genius!!! Kudos for you!!
One time poster
Message 10 of 34
Message 10 of 34

MAN you are genious!!!

It worked after OK GOOGLE disable. very strange issue...