account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Error message "Unlock failed"

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Error message "Unlock failed"

Hi Guys

I can't go to my home on the mobile. There is always this Error message "Unlock failed" and I have to write a SONY code but nothuing happens. I bought the phone 2 weeks ago so its quite a new one.

BR

Dominique

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Error message "Unlock failed"

See this thread:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Lock-Screen-Sony-Code/m-p/1060817#M17834

You should simply write SONY.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thank you SO much for giving the answer to simply write "SONY" (all caps) - I tried everything and luckily had a laptop to look up how to and stumbled upon this thread. Slightly smiling Face

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for help, what a humorous (or stupid) step. Whats the rationale behind? 

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

This uncomfortable unlock feature will appear when some application which manages security settings.

For example, the e-mail app with Microsoft exchange.

Since I stopped usage of Microsoft exchange, this feature has never appeared.

Anyway, this feature should be removed.