account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Disable Volume Warning

Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Disable Volume Warning

I have a z3 compact purchased unlocked in the US. I like the phone a lot aside from one extremely irritating feature: the volume warning. The warning crops up randomly while I'm listening to audio, and it reduces the volume drastically until I unlock the phone, dismiss the warning, and reset the volume where I would like it.

This is really, really maddening, and it doesn't even make sense with Bluetooth audio devices. I almost exclusively use bluetooth devices for audio, and I crank the volume on the phone so that I can easily adjust the volume on my device. This means my audio isn't even loud! I could be out running, and suddenly I'm not able to hear my music. Or worse: I could be driving, using my bluetooth-to-FM converter. I'm listening for navigation directions, and suddenly I can't hear them. It's dangerous to look down and unlock my phone so that I'm able to hear my directions. (My car stereo is terrible, so I need the phone at high volume to hear music/navigation/anything without the audio crackling constantly.) What on earth are you guys thinking?

Please please PLEASE fix this for the Marshmallow update. This is easily the worst feature about the phone, and it's enough of a dealbreaker that it makes me hesitate to recommend it (or any other Sony phone, provided they all have this "feature"). If you need to have a volume warning, please show it ONCE when I *first* adjust the volume above the "safe" levels. Do not lower my volume randomly (since it isn't even loud in the first place)!

3 REPLIES 3
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Disable Volume Warning

Contact Sony xperia support with your suggestion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Not only is this maddening for me, it's actually dangerous. When the volume in my car suddenly goes down for a song my first instinct is to turn it up. Then when I realize it's this stupid alert I have to click OK amd then turn it up which ironically results in the volume suddenly being too high which hurts my ears, and as a fact this pain is an indication of the sound causing physical damage. Additionally, since it happens while driving, I have to pull over which may not be safe to do. The point of having controls in the car is to drive safely. considering how many people have literally died due to driver distraction this issue can actually KILL people.

In other words Sony's notification - which is no doubt meant to protect Sony from liability - might actually make Sony liable for damages. Instead Sony should just have me agree to a one time disclaimer and be done witj it. Then Sony won't have any liability.
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

My wife decided to upgrade to Samsung and discard her Xperia, it turned out wise decision, so I am going to do the same soon all because we use our phones to listen to music while driving (which it is extremely dangerous with this sound notification that pop up even when using car's Bluetooth that distract you  while driving just to set the volume high again) so long Sonny Xperia.