account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Data connection keeps disappearing in Stamina mode

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Data connection keeps disappearing in Stamina mode

I'm in the UK on the Three network. I am using Stamina mode with Extended usage enabled to save power, but am seeing a consistent issue where, after an hour or two, the phone completely loses it's mobile data connection and will not reconnect without rebooting. This makes Stamina mode totally useless as it is not reconnecting when the screen is turned on.

The signal indicator on the phone shows no "H" symbol when this happens, yet About -> Status indicates HSPA is present but mobile data is disconnected.

I have the latest firmware installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Data connection keeps disappearing in Stamina mode

Try to reset stamina like this: first disable it,after that go to settings-apps-all-eco mode controller,force stop and clear data.Restart your device and check again.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Try to reset stamina like this: first disable it,after that go to settings-apps-all-eco mode controller,force stop and clear data.Restart your device and check again.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

That fixed it. Now it's working perfectly.

Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Great.

Adviser
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Sadly this issue has reocurred. I had to reboot my device earlier in order to get a data connection back.

I cannot use Stamina mode if it is this unreliable.

Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

You may need to perform a software repair using PC companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 60% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

Adviser
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Ack. I am loathed to do this as I will lose settings for apps that don't sync to the cloud, etc. I doubt it will fix the issue either: I've on;y had this device for two weeks.

But if that's what it takes, I'll try it I guess. If it doesn't work I shall seek a refund.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Please keep us posted   Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Sadly the issue occurred even after repairing the device using PC Companion. However. this time it worked fine until I connected a Bluetooth device (headphones) and went for a run that passed through an area with no signal. I wonder now if Bluetooth may be a facotr here.

I am returning the device to the retailer tomorrow but unless they can reproduce this issue I will not qualify for a refund. My concern is that it will be OK for them and I will end up back at aquare one.

Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Did you ever resolve this. My mobile data keeps dissapearing also and it's driving me insane!