account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Continuous Restart and Optimizing Apps

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 41 of 48
Message 41 of 48

Re: Continuous Restart and Optimizing Apps

I've had these issues as well.  I thought it might be a software problem as there's lots of discussion welsewhere about known problems with Android 5.1 and 5.1.1.  

But I don't think that I can do anything with my software as the bootloader is locked.  So I changed the battery in the hope that it might fix it.

Changing the battery was pretty easy and so far it appears to have solved my problem.  Total cost was about £10 for a battery, tools and a new rear cover and it took me about 30 minutes.

Seems like the right thing to do with these phones.

One time poster
Message 42 of 48
Message 42 of 48

I have the same problem. I had tried to fix it thru pc companion...but still keeps on optimizing apps...may i know what is the cause of that?

One time poster
Message 43 of 48
Message 43 of 48

I belive it is the micro SD card. Try removing it

One time poster
Message 44 of 48
Message 44 of 48

Continues Restart and optimizing apps

installed os also 

same problem persisit

how to fix it

One time poster
Message 45 of 48
Message 45 of 48

Even after repairing the software by Sony PC Companion, the problem persists. help me with this.

One time poster
Message 46 of 48
Message 46 of 48

Xperia Companion does run properly on latest Windows 10 1803. Incapable of completeting the repair stage.

You say run Companion in compatibility mode, enable Java, etc.

Xperia Companion is outdated.

Please update.

HMS
Learner
Message 47 of 48
Message 47 of 48

How you fixed it

One time poster
Message 48 of 48
Message 48 of 48

Re: Continuous Restart and Optimizing App

Hi

My phone continuosly restarts and it keeps telling me to optimise also keeps showing battery status even when its full

Regards M Richards