account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Continuous Restart and Optimizing Apps

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 48
Message 11 of 48

Re: Continuous Restart and Optimizing Apps

I have the same problem with Anum. I hope its not the battery who has a defect. What was really the problem.? Can someone help me. I cant afford to change new phone and this phone is important for me. Thanks.
Learner
Message 12 of 48
Message 12 of 48

Any way to solve this without clear any data?

Or allow us to back up data first?

No time to back up anything.

One time poster
Message 13 of 48
Message 13 of 48

Thanks a lot, I have fixed my phone follow you method. Thanks :-)
One time poster
Message 14 of 48
Message 14 of 48

Hi, 

I was wondering if anyone could help me. 

My phone died the other day so I charged it up to 100% and then turned it on. As normal, a screen appeared saying optimising app -- of 205. When this finished my phone began to turn on with the usual screens however went straight back to optimising apps 1 of 205. 

I left my phone for a few hours to see if it would sort itself out and it ne er it just died again. 

I have tried;

'holding down the Power and Volume up buttons together until you feel three vibrations. Now use the press and hold the Powerbutton to start it up as normal' this method.

'try popping open the side panel and find the tiny yellow button next to the SIM card. Use the tip of a pen to press and hold it down until you feel a series of vibrations. Press and hold the Power button, and you should feel a vibration that signals it is starting up' this method. 

AND I have connected it to the computer to try and fix with PC COMPANION and it wont recognise on the computer. 

I have tried to do a hard factory reset and nothing happens.

PLEASE can someone help me. 

One time poster
Message 15 of 48
Message 15 of 48

I also faced this problem.

My phone provider told me best to do complete reinstall of the phone, organising all apps again and maybe get rid of essential info.

Originally I used my phone for work and it needed to be encrypted and provided with some protection pattern or number.

I think I faced the issue when I didn't use the phone for work anymore.

The encryption was removed, but I think I did keep the pattern for access.

I decided to remove the pattern protection, do a restart where the problem was solved (only less than a minute the hanglock with activity indicator pictogram) and then the normal startup sequence.

Then I  installed the pattern again and did a restart and the Optimizing Apps still did not happen again ;-) !

One time poster
Message 16 of 48
Message 16 of 48

I have the same problem as Anum. Since one week ago my Xperia Z switches off alone when I'm working with it and when I restart it it starts to optimized the android applications. Usually it doesn't finished with this optimization and it crashes again unless I have it plugged to the charger. If I have it plugged it takes ages to optimize all the applications. I also noticed that I lost signal very often. It looks like it only happens when battery is lower than 80%. Anybody found some solution? Does the repair through PC Companion work? I see a lot of people having similar problems in the last months.

One time poster
Message 17 of 48
Message 17 of 48

after i upgrade my sony to Xperia M5 Dual (E5663) 30.1.B.1.55, the problem remains the same, overheating , Continuous Restart and Optimizing Apps , again and again, i never see my sony home,

I've tried restarting my sony, and put it in the fridge and sometimes managed to get home my sony please , i buy my sony from indonesia,please help me...I've tried, this is very tiring

One time poster
Message 18 of 48
Message 18 of 48

hi bro,how did you turn off the phone,i am pushing the button but its not working,is there any other way to turn off.

Learner
Message 19 of 48
Message 19 of 48

I have this issue and have gone through the 'solution' provided, reset the phone 3 times now, it wont even clenly get through the initial startup after reset before it turns off again.  It seems the phone wont even last and hour before turning off now, its practucally unusable.  Are there any other fixes out there or is this a hardware issue? Any thoughts much apreciated.

One time poster
Message 20 of 48
Message 20 of 48

same here...

It started 1 month ago with strange battery drop and my phone dying unexpectedly... "Repaired" it through PC companion, didn't change anything really. Also reboot to factory settings didn't help. After that, the "life" of my battery got even smaller... going from 85% to 0%...and when starting back again, claiming 60% or so... until next drop.

Now it just can't stay on for more than 5min if not plugged to power. and when dead it's a pain to turn it on again... loop of booting, android initializing and never reaching the total apps to optimize, etc...

I read lots of similar stuff, and nothing real that seems to work.

I'm sending it back soon to Sony for an official repair, let's see what they will say... It's not even 1y 1/2 old and I'm very mild with my phone, no overuse, no fall, etc...

Don't really know if it can be repaired at this point :s