account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Continuous Restart and Optimizing Apps

SOLVED
vif
Learner
Message 1 of 48
Message 1 of 48

Continuous Restart and Optimizing Apps

Officially updated to Android Lollipop 5.1.1 last week.

Been in good condition until I restarted the phone today.

Now, whenever it's powered up, it optimizes apps, and restarts after optimizing is finished, without reaching lockscreen. I leave it like that for 3 hours hoping it will solve itself, but it just keeps on restarting and optimizing repeatedly.

Have to switch off by the button beside the sim card slot.

Tried to fix it with SonyPC Companion but it's not detected when connected to laptop.

Your help is truly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 4 of 48
Message 4 of 48

Re: Continuous Restart and Optimizing Apps

Performing a software repair using PC Companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

47 REPLIES 47
Message 2 of 48
Message 2 of 48

See this topic:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Z3-Dual/Apps-keep-closing-as-soon-as-I-open-them-optimizing...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

vif
Learner
Message 3 of 48
Message 3 of 48

@alexdon

Thanks for fast reply.

Seraj's problem is quite similar with mine but mine doesn't even load lockscreen. Also SonyPC Companion or my laptoop cannot detect it.

Message 4 of 48
Message 4 of 48

Performing a software repair using PC Companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

Visitor
Message 5 of 48
Message 5 of 48

My phone just shuts off randomly; there is no rhyme or reason as to when it decides to stop.

Battery state is usually in the 80%+ range so it's not a case of low battery. In addition, when I reboot the phone to get it to come back on it will not reboot UNLESS it is hooked up to external power. If it is running just on battery power I'll get the sony logo and then the android logo  will show on the screen but it will never get past that point on battery power alone. It will just shut off again.

When it does reboot on external power it optimizes the apps EVERY time. It will also show that it is optimizing 270 apps. I don't think if I even have that much of the apps. 

When the phone does reboot it loses my WIFI connection information and I have to manually enter that password in each time.

If I manually reboot the phone I get the ANDROID logo and then it goes to the main screen as it should.

Visitor
Message 6 of 48
Message 6 of 48

Also when I'm calling someone or I'm sending a text message to someone, signals of my network are lost every other time. 

Please help!

One time poster
Message 7 of 48
Message 7 of 48

Yes..do you have any solution for above issue by anum?
Visitor
Message 8 of 48
Message 8 of 48

I have the same problem on my Xperia Tablet Z. I have my Xperia drive and SD card encrypted will this cause a problem? Will I have I reinstall all my apps as well?

Thanks

Richard    

One time poster
Message 9 of 48
Message 9 of 48

Re: Continuous Restart

I am using xperia zl. When I was using it, it suddenly turned off and did not restarted again. On external power supply, it started and started doing optimising apps. I made factory reset and also tapped nova button situated near the sim. 

Now my phone has stopped optimising apps but a new problem has started.

It is starting only using external power. It remains swithed on if screen is of. If I turn on the dispay, it gets turn off in around 1-2 minutes of usage.

When I got to service centre for software repair, they told to do on my own risk that the phone can become dead.

Please help me what I can do. Your support will be highly appreciated.

Demigod
Message 10 of 48
Message 10 of 48

Re: Continuous Restart

You need to wait. Maybe Sony will fix that some time. I have this problem on Z2 Tablet and Z3 Compact. One Z3C was replaced (for other reason) by SC. I did full factory wipe plus reinstall software through PCC. As soon as I encrypted device problem came back. It is related to 5.1.1 builds. Happen most often if SD card is also encrypted but it is not mandatory. I had around 50% error ratio without SD card at all.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)