account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Continuous Restart and Optimizing Apps

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 48
Message 21 of 48

Re: Continuous Restart and Optimizing Apps

hi this is mahesh

did u solve the problem

i am fasing the same problem 

can u please tell me how did u solve the problem

One time poster
Message 22 of 48
Message 22 of 48

Hello i have the same problem,my Xperia Z3 keeps turning off and than goes into OPTIMISING APPLICATION and while its doing that it overheats,i tried using the companion i tried factory reset i have tried everything nothing resolves this issue i have bought this as a brand new phone payed £550 that is alot of money and so far i have not had any help from Sony these are your phones and as you can see there are alot of people who have the same issue,why are you not resolving this how can you sell faulty phones this is very wrong and you wonder why people buy samsung products instead,i am really angry about this because i feel like i was robbed of my £550,i hope you respond because this is no joke thank you.

Highlighted
vif
Learner
Message 23 of 48
Message 23 of 48

Hello, sry for my late reply. I'm now checking back to see whether this issue has been solved already by Sony. I'm quite surprised that it's still remain unsolved. It seems Sony doesn't care about it anymore; the issue still exists in Z5. (Wake up Sony!) 

Update for my device:

I marked this topic as solution because at first my phone was just restarting constantly and optmizing apps. After repairing it with PC Companion as recommended, it worked. Marked solution. But after a few days, it was suddenly completely dead: no power detection, no charging, try all button pressing methods but to no avail. My phone is now more related to this topic: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Sudden-Death-of-Sony-xperia-Z3-Compact/td-p/877345/...

My Sony phone is resting in peace for almost a year now. Now using ASUS Zenfone 2 and very happy with it.

One time poster
Message 24 of 48
Message 24 of 48

Desperately need some help.

I have an Xperia z1, up until the last update it worked well and I haven't had any issues with it. Now the phone switches off saying the battery is low even though it has 70% battery life. I completed a factory reset and hard reset, and this seemed to have solved the problem. Well until today, now it wants to optimize 334 apps which I dont even have. It makes it to 331 and then switches off and starts all over again. It never completes the updates and each time it restarts it has to go through the optimizing process but the number of updates changes each time.

How do I stop the phone optimizing? 

Rookie
Message 25 of 48
Message 25 of 48

I welcome the support! After the last update yesterday, the phone stopped working, not responding to button on/off, switches itself on for a few seconds and then switches off. The connection to the Companion program does not help, it gives an error:error Code: UEStartNoMorePorts L_2384. Waiting for a response from support!.

ZRD
Learner
Message 26 of 48
Message 26 of 48

did anyone find a solution

Learner
Message 27 of 48
Message 27 of 48

Desperately need help ! i just start facing the problem just now on my xperia z1 , now the phone will keep on restarting and goes into optimizing apps loop ! i tried with pc companion , factory data reset but i won't works ! what should i do ?

ZRD
Learner
Message 28 of 48
Message 28 of 48

Guys i found a solution your batterys have died well 98% dead the 2 %let's it start but only on connected power just get the battery replaced and that's it
Learner
Message 29 of 48
Message 29 of 48

so you replace your battery and everything is fine?no more restarting and optimizing apps loop?

Learner
Message 30 of 48
Message 30 of 48

thanks, might as well give it a shot tomorrow